England vs New Zealand

Curtains

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ease with which New Zealand have moved to barely 100 behind for the loss of 2 wickets makes me think that it's going to be a long hard summer. 4 right-arm seamers (all basically the same type), 2 part-time spinners would probably have Zimbabwe or Bangladesh licking their lips.

I hope I'm wrong.

​If they do not pitch it up another foot they should not bother .

Just about to start again and your right Anderson and Broad need to bowl better  .

Not seen much of Wood  how good is he .

New ball in 3 overs crucial IMO  

Just about to start again and your right Anderson and Broad need to bowl better  .

Not seen much of Wood  how good is he .

New ball in 3 overs crucial IMO  

​Wood is pretty nippy 92 /93 MPH , similar bowling action to Simon Jones , but not a very long run up.

Mikey was saying yesterday if he made his run up longer he would bowl faster and not us so much energy .

Anderson trying hard but one delivery with the new ball went 10ft high over the wicket keeper for 4 .

New Zealand 337-3

Williamson 106 no and

Taylor 62 caught behind off Broad just as I'm writing this  

52 behind. 

McCullum just arrived at the crease. 

It's all very uninspiring. Can see New Zealand getting a high score, declaring & bowling us out  pretty easily. Apart from Root, not sure who can bat consistently enough to get the runs. Bowling attack is a bit meh too. 

Sorry Umpire but that was out LBW , the review should have been from the batsman , and Williamson should have gone .

Isn't it if it hits the outside of the off stump it goes with the umpires original decision just asking. 

Raining now at Lords just before lunch. 

Archived