Thoughts on potential new manager having a Twitter account

Day

So I found out that Paul Clement has a Twitter account this morning, it's verified as well do not a parody.

IF McClaren goes, IF Clement comes in he really needs to be closing that straight away. We've seen the abuse players have been given on Twitter, giving fans direct access to the manager I dread to think the kind of tweets he would receive. 

Player wishlists, why are you playing X, drop X and the inevitable you're **** after every loss, even linking him to threads on forums about things fans are not happy about.

Watch McClaren stay now and this thread utterly pointless, and at the end of the day I am in no position to tell anyone what to do but please, please please please, I beg of you not tweet any of the above to him.

IF Clement gets the job this will be hard enough as it is with his first managers job, expectation levels have risen to ridiculous levels that the Arsenal Invincables achieved. We may not be top in November, we might not be even in the top 6 but lets be supporters, support the manager (IF) and not be a Twitter know it all FM and FIFA God tool.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I found out that Paul Clement has a Twitter account this morning, it's verified as well do not a parody.

IF McClaren goes, IF Clement comes in he really needs to be closing that straight away. We've seen the abuse players have been given on Twitter, giving fans direct access to the manager I dread to think the kind of tweets he would receive. 

Player wishlists, why are you playing X, drop X and the inevitable you're **** after every loss, even linking him to threads on forums about things fans are not happy about.

Watch McClaren stay now and this thread utterly pointless, and at the end of the day I am in no position to tell anyone what to do but please, please please please, I beg of you not tweet any of the above to him.

IF Clement gets the job this will be hard enough as it is with his first managers job, expectation levels have risen to ridiculous levels that the Arsenal Invincables achieved. We may not be top in November, we might not be even in the top 6 but lets be supporters, support the manager (IF) and not be a Twitter know it all FM and FIFA Godto

He follows me, I will tell him......... 

I don't see it as a problem. Remember he is currently the assistant manager of the biggest club in the world where the fans have huge expectations. Most of the top managers have a twitter account anyway. I've watched a few Real madrid training sessions on Youtube and it seems that he is mentally strong

• for a guy that has learned from Mourinho , Hiidink and Ancellotti , for me it can only be a positive thing him coming here, not only in regards to learning from the best but also the network of contacts he has gained , that combined with his "tracksuit style" of coaching will be a great for us

The difference is that players tend to use their Twitter accounts for more personal stuff, any top Manager with a Twitter account needs to be using it in a business-like manner for PR and official statements. Like David Cameron/Ed Miliband etc (the amount of abuse posted to those accounts is hilarious given that you know it will never be read).

Paul. Paul. Paul.

You should have gone 442 and put Russell on the right. Drop Martin a bit deeper and stuck Bent right up there. You should at least have Calero on the bench. Now me and Gavin noticed on Saturday that Keogh touched his head when Huddersfield scored. This isn't the time to despair. He needs to go over and have a chat with Christie for that awful pass. It's a confidence issue. Obviously.

Gavin also pointed out that Dawkins didn't use his pace and crossing ability at all and I've had a quick search. Louis Van Stamponwinkle would be a great addition. He's scored 11 in 17 at FC Herniaop. Be around £17,000 per week.

Just tweet me back if you need owt. No problem. 

Archived