NFL Fantasy Football 2015

Bridgford Ram

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Just having a look at a few things and got a few thoughts;

- I don't think we should activate Individual Defensive Players scoring as this might make it overly complicated.

- I think we should go with a standard draft but with snake pick meaning whoever has first draft in round 1 is last in round 2 etc.

- Stick with default for squad size (roster of 16) and default point scoring

- I think we can have league voting to accept trades etc, seems like a good idea.

All solid suggestions, and my default. Sounds good, the majority of settings can be changed up to the draft, so we decide others later.

Anyone who wishes to join the forums fantasy football, make yourself known. The league is being set up tomorrow (Friday), and I'm not sure whether the number of teams can be changed.

(If we are inundated with people asking, a second league can be arranged, so don't worry about too many people saying yes!

Anyone who wishes to join the forums fantasy football, make yourself known. The league is being set up tomorrow (Friday), and I'm not sure whether the number of teams can be changed.

(If we are inundated with people asking, a second league can be arranged, so don't worry about too many people saying yes!

​I'm looking forward to this.

Do you know R4, whether NFL.com let you have more than one Fantasy Football team?  i.e. One in our league and one in an official NFL league?  I have looked but can't find the answer anywhere.

My last couple of posts don't seem to have worked.  I found the following information out yesterday that may help other newbies to FF.

It seems that each squad has 15 players and you need to select 9 starters each week.  The starters need to be a QB, 2x RB, 2x WR, TE, K, Def and then either an additional RB or WR.

​I'm looking forward to this.

Do you know R4, whether NFL.com let you have more than one Fantasy Football team?  i.e. One in our league and one in an official NFL league?  I have looked but can't find the answer anywhere.

​You can participate in as many leagues as you like. The most I have had is 6 leagues a couple of seasons ago, although I wouldn't recommend it, too many and you will end up forgetting about some to focus on a few. Most I would say is 3 leagues, means you will have time to focus on each.

My last couple of posts don't seem to have worked.  I found the following information out yesterday that may help other newbies to FF.

It seems that each squad has 15 players and you need to select 9 starters each week.  The starters need to be a QB, 2x RB, 2x WR, TE, K, Def and then either an additional RB or WR.

​Yeah, that's the standard. I believe they call the RB/WR slot the "Flex".

League is live!

Head on over to http://dcfcfans.league.fantasy.nfl.com (our unique web address/custom URL) It will probably ask you to sign in to your NFL account (if you have one) or sign up for a free account (if you haven't)

Alternatively, you can access the league through the fantasy section of nfl.com. Select 'join a league invited to' (something to that effect) and input the 

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=3094211

League ID: 3094211

Password: clough

Once you're in, you can select your team name and then check out the league format and settings. I have left most of it as default settings, anything that you think we can change put it on here and we can discuss/vote/decide the options.

Any problems, give me a shout.

League is live!

Head on over to http://dcfcfans.league.fantasy.nfl.com (our unique web address/custom URL) It will probably ask you to sign in to your NFL account (if you have one) or sign up for a free account (if you haven't)

Alternatively, you can access the league through the fantasy section of nfl.com. Select 'join a league invited to' (something to that effect) and input the 

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=3094211

League ID: 3094211

Password: clough

Once you're in, you can select your team name and then check out the league format and settings. I have left most of it as default settings, anything that you think we can change put it on here and we can discuss/vote/decide the options.

Any problems, give me a shout.

​I'm in! The Swadlincote Silly Nannies :lol:

Thank you to @r4derby for setting the league up.  It looks like there are three places remaining for teams to join the league.

Couple of questions

I might change my mind on this when I have tried a mock draft but I may request longer than 90 seconds per selection in the draft.  It might get a bit panicky if the team selecting before you has taken your next pick and you have to choose a new player.  Like I say, it might be enough and I'll see when I do a mock.

I like the fact 8 teams go into the play offs, keeps the season alive for most teams.

It looks like we can trade with each other or add as many undrafted players as we want, is that correct?  That helps with one of the decisions I was going to make.

What are waivers?

With the undroppable list, does this mean that NFL.com produce a list of the top players and if I have one - say Le'Veon Bell - I can't drop him from my roster in exchange for an undrafted player?  Do they update undroppable list?

Thank you to @r4derby for setting the league up.  It looks like there are three places remaining for teams to join the league.

Couple of questions

I might change my mind on this when I have tried a mock draft but I may request longer than 90 seconds per selection in the draft.  It might get a bit panicky if the team selecting before you has taken your next pick and you have to choose a new player.  Like I say, it might be enough and I'll see when I do a mock.

What are waivers?

With the undroppable list, does this mean that NFL.com produce a list of the top players and if I have one - say Le'Veon Bell - I can't drop him from my roster in exchange for an undrafted player?  Do they update undroppable list?

​Whilst I kind of agree it could get a bit panicky, that is also the fun part. It makes it fast and frenetic and also encourages people to do their research, in case that situation arises. It also helps if one or two people aren't online to do the draft live, as the site will take the full allotted time before making the pick automatically. This can be quite a ballache when you've got several teams doing this.

Waivers are where an owner can put in a claim for an undrafted player but they have to wait a certain amount of time before it becomes official (I think the NFL one is usually on a Wednesday). If more than one owner puts in a claim for the same player, it goes to the waiver priority (starts off as the draft order in reverse but then switches to standings-based).

You can't drop an undroppable player at all. All pre-determined at the start of the season, based on how they've performed and how long they've been performing at that level.

Archived