NFL Fantasy Football 2015

Bridgford Ram

Hi, as there is a few of us interested in starting a league I am setting up a separate thread to keep the general NFL chat and the Fantasy Football stuff apart.

@Posh Ram @r4derby @GeneralRam @Sweetness34 @AnimalisaRam @AmericanRam @Scott129 @KGDCFC @davenportram

We are going to be setting the league up in the next day or two so it might be worth selecting the 'notify me of replies' option as we will perhaps be asking what you guys think we should select as a couple of league settings around drafts, trades etc.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, as there is a few of us interested in starting a league I am setting up a separate thread to keep the general NFL chat and the Fantasy Football stuff apart.

@Posh Ram @r4derby @GeneralRam @Sweetness34 @AnimalisaRam @AmericanRam @Scott129 @KGDCFC @davenportram

We are going to be setting the league up in the next day or two so it might be worth selecting the 'notify me of replies' option as we will perhaps be asking what you guys think we should select as a couple of league settings around drafts, trades etc.

​Done :)

Hey guys, at some point in the next couple of days I will activate the league, and put all the details needed to join on there. All you will have to do at that point is sign up to nfl.com and join the league, which I will leave instructions to do to make it easy. We won't draft until closer to the start of the season, maybe mid-to-late August.  The main reason for this is that by this time rosters will be being finalised, teams will know starters, and all major moves/trades will have happened. Injuries can also happen during camps/preseason games.

With regards to the league settings, we will mostly leave the default ones. If there are any that need a decision, we will put them on here and can decide as a group what we prefer. Not many will impact too much, but I feel its fair if everyone is aware of whats happening.

If you're new to NFL fantasy, or NFL in general, don't worry. Beginners luck is massive in this game...also, I will try and link some good articles with advice for all to look at. Also, if the format is just too confusing, just ask anything on here.

Cheers

I will try to keep up on this forum as much as possible but have several ALA things lined up this summer after getting involved with a lot of groups in DC over past couple days,so will be quite busy.

Any settings or anything needing to be discussed and changed before we draft in August is fine with me with whatever you choose if I am not here to vote.

Come the draft in August I aim to do better than I did last season that's for sure.

​Is that when we draft then?  August?

Yeah good time would be then.But tbh mate been thinking about it,ya'll can go ahead and do it this season without me.

As I said have some ALA stuff to do and it requires a lot of travel and whatnot rest of this year so can't put as much into as I need.

Cheers for you and r4.I will do it next season.

Hopefully some of u lot draft some Redskins. :)

Yeah good time would be then.But tbh mate been thinking about it,ya'll can go ahead and do it this season without me.

As I said have some ALA stuff to do and it requires a lot of travel and whatnot rest of this year so can't put as much into as I need.

Cheers for you and r4.I will do it next season.

Hopefully some of u lot draft some Redskins. :)

No worries mate, hope you get a lot out of those trips.

Not sure if there are any Redskins worth drafting...(I did have Garçon last year!) 

Hey guys, at some point in the next couple of days I will activate the league,

​Just having a look at a few things and got a few thoughts;

- I don't think we should activate Individual Defensive Players scoring as this might make it overly complicated.

- I think we should go with a standard draft but with snake pick meaning whoever has first draft in round 1 is last in round 2 etc.

- Stick with default for squad size (roster of 16) and default point scoring

- I think we can have league voting to accept trades etc, seems like a good idea.

Archived