Paul Clement...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alpha's the new boy. He's supposed to tidy up crappppp like this.

I'm far too important, and pished, to do the basics of modding.

And where's that Ginger ****?  Probably out on the lash without a care in the world.

Kids..............

Blimey Utch. I've only just noticed you are a mod and there's me giving you grief about your part of the world! Must choose my words more carefully from now on!

Brilliant that you are a mod though. Such an honor. Is it like the highest position anyone from Uttoxeter has ever held? Are you famous there now. Like freebie breakfasts at little chef??

Probably the first time in my life I'm excited for it being a Monday tomorrow, hopefully if it is tomorrow he joins then it's a new Era, I'm not getting my hopes up, watching Derby for 18 years I haven't really seen many great achievements. I'm mainly excited because Clement is a young coach. He's learnt from some very good managers, and coached some off the very best players in the world, this man could be a real coup, most top managers have to start somewhere and I beleive he could become one, now I could get shot down here because this could also go very badly, I'm just hoping everything will go smootly and he can guide us back where we belong! COYR

I'm looking forward to the welcome video. They made a big deal about Albentosa, so we might see some Hollywood productions here.

What excites me about Clement is what some have used as an argument against him. He's never played football professionally. I'm sure he's always been in the 'shadow' of his footballing dad and younger brother. He's walked into Real Madrid's training ground on his first day as the man to coach the best players in the world. That's like you or I going up to Ronaldo and telling him we're going to help make him a better player and win trophies. It would take a lot of talent to convince professional footballers you have what it takes when in reality you're a nobody.

Now whether these coaching skills can be put into action in the main role, which isn't just coaching. It's team management, player management, ensuring there's a good harmony in the squad, applying tactics, outwitting opposition, choosing who plays for your side.

I do admire the fact he hasn't used a half decent playing career, or a playing career at all, to wriggle into a club and work his way up. What he's done has been all on his own accord and I'm excited to see, starting from tomorrow, what he can bring to the table.

Big gamble. We move from a renowned coach with lots of experience, to a renowned coach with very little. Karanka benefited from his loans sent over by Jose - Ancelotti is having surgery so taking a year out and won't be able to help his protege on that front.

Let's hope it's a brilliant new era, moving up to the next level and then higher, both on and off the pitch. And that we haven't spunked all the budget on the coach, in this ridiculous era of FFP. After the disappointment of the last few months, at least it's nothing if not exciting.

"Paul Clement's black and white army" doesn't scan. What's the new chant?

​I did that joke ages ago and didn't get many likes, wasting your time.

​I am shocked - shocked, I tell you. We don't post for likes - we post because it is a pleasure and a reward in itself bringing a tiny chink of daylight into the gloomy lives of others. 

​I am shocked - shocked, I tell you. We don't post for likes - we post because it is a pleasure and a reward in itself bringing a tiny chink of daylight into the gloomy lives of others. 

​News to me...

Archived