Paul Clement...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if it's a coach that Derby need.

If I may suggest that Derby's demise over the season has been in part to the McClaren's inability to manage the side. I think few doubt his ability to coach Derby. There is quite the difference.

Call me old fashioned but if McClaren were to go, I would like to see a manager put in charge with a coach working alongside him.

​True but remember he will be just a coach, no signings etc. he is obviously deemed a good enough coach to train the likes of Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo etc.

Completely unproven but like I say we just need a coach to work  with Steele and Evans and Simmo

​You think that he would come as a coach..?

If Stevie goes then he will definitley take the backroom staff with him, if he stays, why would Clement leave Madird for the same job at Derby.???

No job available at DCFC. So you can stop talking about it. 

​LIAR!

dbfc0815a8f974cccb16cfb6f44e864d.png

Clement is set to become the technical director for the Derby County Centre of Excellence For Girls. Will suit the role quite well in my opinion ... he may lack experience but I believe he's got the right attitude to attack the job head on and prove the doubters wrong

​You think that he would come as a coach..?

If Stevie goes then he will definitley take the backroom staff with him, if he stays, why would Clement leave Madird for the same job at Derby.???

​Good point, Maybe McClaren would try and take them but I doubt Sam Rush would allow this, even with the possibility im sure that the team in question in which McClaren is departing to (be it West Ham or Newcastle) will have to buy out the main members of staff due to their contracts being extended last summer.

Why would Clement leave? He is only seen as a number 2, he is in his early 40s maybe looking at forging his own career, speculation over Ancelottis career due to crazy Madrid fans could mean he is forced to move or hire new staff to appease the Madrid fans. Plus at this age, going to a team like Derby with great facilities and structure with the ability to take risks would be ideal for him. Looking at it from his perspective, if he comes to Derby and gets us promoted 1st season then his CV would be great. Other clubs might sniff around and his career as a Number 1 might come to fruition.

​LIAR!

dbfc0815a8f974cccb16cfb6f44e864d.png

Clement is set to become the technical director for the Derby County Centre of Excellence For Girls. Will suit the role quite well in my opinion ... he may lack experience but I believe he's got the right attitude to attack the job head on and prove the doubters wrong

Lol but Owen Bradley said so though. But good work there. 

Imagine panic stations at Radio Derby and sports editor/reporters at DET are running around as we speak.

No job available at DCFC. So you can stop talking about it. 

​I dislike the man more each day. Thinks he is the fountain of all knowledge but has never reported a single thing before any other media outlet.

He may not have managerial experience but got one hell of a coaching pedigree.

Years Team
1996–1999 Chelsea (Academy Coach)
1999–2000 Fulham (Academy Coach)
2000 Republic Of Ireland U21 (Coach)
2007–2011 Chelsea (Coach)
2011–2012 Blackburn Rovers (Assistant Coach)
2012–2013 Paris Saint-Germain (Assistant Coach)
2013– Real Madrid (Assistant Coach)

​I dislike the man more each day. Thinks he is the fountain of all knowledge but has never reported a single thing before any other media outlet.

Who are you talking about? 

Archived