Lewis Dunk

North_Stand_Ram

14 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

CasteltonRam, the poster who regularly says he hates Keogh and earlier in the window claimed to be in the know that Keogh was leaving, has now claimed to hear from the Brighton Radio that we've bid for Dunk, yet there's nothing about it on the Brighton forum or from any Brighton fans on Twitter. Call me sceptical but I think he's having us on.

Only reporting what was heard on the radio mate. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a hope in hell that Brighton would let Dunk go right now, especially to us. Brighton fans would go mental I would think & rightly so. Excellent C/H though, who's future Club would only ever be a Prem Club. If a bid by us is true then Mel clearly has his cheque book well & truly open, we're will it end I wonder.

33 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Dunk is an excellent centre-half. Much better than Keogh and better than Shackell too. 

Neither of those would be happy to sit on the bench though surely? Unless we're moving Keogh to right-back (which was discussed a while ago). He would probably fit the profile of a Pearson full-back and allow for Olsson to get further forward.

I get the feeling that Keogh would be a superb right back in the Championship.

It would be a novelty to actually have a full-back who could cross a ball.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

I get the feeling that Keogh would be a superb right back in the Championship.

It would be a novelty to actually have a full-back who could cross a ball.

He used to be a right back at Coventry and was decent. He played right back a few times for us at the end of 2014/15 and did ok but it was clear we missed his ability to bring the ball out from centre back.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

holding midfielder perhaps?

I suggested this 2 years ago after Thorne got injured in pre season and I got slaughtered for it. I still believe that he would have made a decent cdm. We tried Warnock there at one point, didn't we try Keogh there?

Just now, McLovin said:

I suggested this 2 years ago after Thorne got injured in pre season and I got slaughtered for it. I still believe that he would have made a decent cdm. We tried Warnock there at one point, didn't we try Keogh there?

Can defend, likes the odd foray forward and there will always be a last line of defence behind him.

Take absolutely no notice of what this poster says. He's already been rumbled by a few as being anti-Keogh so putting out drivel like this is aimed at further destabilising Keoghs' position.

He's this forums' equivalent of a Twitter idiot!

Archived