What are you reading?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished a few...

The Miner's Canary: Unravelling the Mysteries of Extinction - niles Eldridge

A New History of Life: The Radical New Discoveries about the Origins and Evolution of Life on Earth - peter ward

The Story of Life in 25 Fossils: Tales of Intrepid Fossil Hunters and the Wonders of Evolution - Prothero

Here Be Dragons: How the study of animal and plant distributions revolutionized our views of life and Earth - mccarthy

In Search of Cell History: The Evolution Of Life's Building Blocks - franklin harold.

Just ordered....

Viruses and the Evolution of Life - Villarreal.

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

Just finished a few...

The Miner's Canary: Unravelling the Mysteries of Extinction - niles Eldridge

A New History of Life: The Radical New Discoveries about the Origins and Evolution of Life on Earth - peter ward

The Story of Life in 25 Fossils: Tales of Intrepid Fossil Hunters and the Wonders of Evolution - Prothero

Here Be Dragons: How the study of animal and plant distributions revolutionized our views of life and Earth - mccarthy

In Search of Cell History: The Evolution Of Life's Building Blocks - franklin harold.

Just ordered....

Viruses and the Evolution of Life - Villarreal.

Blimey! I better put my Beano Annual down... :lol:

12 hours ago, Zag zig said:

it’s a fun read for an autobiography, quite a character

How I sued the NHS, wot a larf. 

Just read the Jonathan Pie book. The three minute rants didn’t really translate to the longer format; it read like a left wing version of Clarkson. 

46 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Was gifted Maxwell and Me, the Stuart Webb book at Christmas.  Not really started yet.

I've read it. Its quite interesting. Particularly the stories about maxwell, and pickering. 

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

I've read it. Its quite interesting. Particularly the stories about maxwell, and pickering. 

I'd be interested to see if there's anything damning (that we didn't already know in there), being as both men aren't alive to dispute anything he says.

Having worked for the man, I have my own doubts about his integrity.

Currently reading 'Fallen Angel' - A biography of the legendary cyclist Fausto Coppi, who died mysteriously, some say poisoned.

Been given 'The Secret Race', a detailed exposee by Tyler Hamilton of the incredible lengths they went to, to protect the US Postal cycling team, and Lance Armstrong in particular, from drug detection. 'The authorities had doctors, we had better doctors'. Can't wait

Also given 2017 Wisden, just the 1,536 pages so should be a quick read!

18 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Currently reading 'Fallen Angel' - A biography of the legendary cyclist Fausto Coppi, who died mysteriously, some say poisoned.

Been given 'The Secret Race', a detailed exposee by Tyler Hamilton of the incredible lengths they went to, to protect the US Postal cycling team, and Lance Armstrong in particular, from drug detection. 'The authorities had doctors, we had better doctors'. Can't wait

Also given 2017 Wisden, just the 1,536 pages so should be a quick read!

The secret race is a good read, really enjoyed it.

A few books that deal with Lance Armstrong tend to get bogged down in legal stuff but Tyler's book deals with his own story well. 

Archived