What are you reading?

Alright you 'orrible lot. 

There are threads in the Pointy Room asking what music people are listening to, what films they're watching, etc, so may I begin a "what are you reading?" thread? 

I'm a big reader, and normally will get through two or three books a week, so it'd be nice to hear what you're reading too. Would be good to share tips on books that we may not be aware of. 

I'll start us off. I currently have two books on the go:

A History of Cricket in 100 Objects, by Gavin Mortimer. This is my "enjoyment" reading.

And... One-Dimensional Man, by Herbert Marcuse. This is my "work" reading.

I'd love to hear what you lot are currently burying your heads in. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a kindle, so I read lots of carp lol but my next book is; 
Night (The Night Trilogy Book 1)
Elie Wiesel

I have a lot of books to catch up on, luckily I have two weeks in Crete in a month, so that will give me time to try and read as many of the following as possible:-

The Reaper - Steven Dunne

The Disciple - Steven Dunne

Stanley Kotep in: A thickening of the plot - (Dan) DC Clark (my mate)

Kill me if you can - James Patterson

Sycamore Row - John Grisham

Tales from the Secret Footballer - Who knows?

The Killer Department - Robert Cullen, Hunting the Devil - Richard Lourie, The Red Ripper - Peter Conradi (all about the Red Ripper - google him!)

I have a lot of books to catch up on, luckily I have two weeks in Crete in a month, so that will give me time to try and read as many of the following as possible:-

The Reaper - Steven Dunne

The Disciple - Steven Dunne

Stanley Kotep in: A thickening of the plot - (Dan) DC Clark (my mate)

Kill me if you can - James Patterson

Sycamore Row - John Grisham

Tales from the Secret Footballer - Who knows?

The Killer Department - Robert Cullen, Hunting the Devil - Richard Lourie, The Red Ripper - Peter Conradi (all about the Red Ripper - google him!)

Grisham is one of my favourite authors. I have read that one by Patterson and I especially like the Alex Cross series by him.

Grisham is one of my favourite authors. I have read that one by Patterson and I especially like the Alex Cross series by him.

​Yes, the two of them have written a few of my favourite books. I liked the Private books by Patterson. 

Have you read the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson? The second book in that trilogy, The Girl who played with Fire, is without doubt the best book I've read.

​Yes, the two of them have written a few of my favourite books. I liked the Private books by Patterson. 

Have you read the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson? The second book in that trilogy, The Girl who played with Fire, is without doubt the best book I've read.

Yeah I have read first 2 Private books,been meaning to catch up with the rest.

Yes I have read the Millenium Trilogy; absolutely fantastic books.I remember when the last one came out and working at the library I did the hold list for it, over 700 people were on the list for it.

A guy has bern chosen to write more books with same characters.Hopefully will turn out ok.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/11509132/New-Stieg-Larsson-book-title-and-cover-revealed.html

Yeah I have read first 2 Private books,been meaning to catch up with the rest.

Yes I have read the Millenium Trilogy; absolutely fantastic books.I remember when the last one came out and working at the library I did the hold list for it, over 700 people were on the list for it.

A guy has bern chosen to write more books with same characters.Hopefully will turn out ok.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/11509132/New-Stieg-Larsson-book-title-and-cover-revealed.html

​think i'll swerve that book on principle!

Looking across my shelf, I've read the following over the last year and a half:-

James Patterson: Private LA, Private London, Private Down Under, Private Games, Mistress, Guilty Wives, Beach House, Beach Road.

John Grisham: The Summons, The King of Torts, The Last Juror, The Broker, The Confession, A Time to Kill, The Partner, The Litigators

Stephen King: 11:22:63 (absolutely amazing book)

Robert Van Lustbaden: The Last Snow.

and the Stieg Larsson trilogy.

​think i'll swerve that book on principle!

Looking across my shelf, I've read the following over the last year and a half:-

James Patterson: Private LA, Private London, Private Down Under, Private Games, Mistress, Guilty Wives, Beach House, Beach Road.

John Grisham: The Summons, The King of Torts, The Last Juror, The Broker, The Confession, A Time to Kill, The Partner, The Litigators

Stephen King: 11:22:63 (absolutely amazing book)

Robert Van Lustbaden: The Last Snow.

and the Stieg Larsson trilogy.

Some very good books here.

Yes brilliant book by King.Other ones I like by him are The Shining,Pet Sematary,The Stand.

Some very good books here.

Yes brilliant book by King.Other ones I like by him are The Shining,Pet Sematary,The Stand.

​The Broker by Grisham really made an impression on me too. I now want to explore Northern Italy lol

Archived