Jimmy Greaves in intensive care

eddie

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were in for him when he left Spurs, said in retrospect he should have joined us but going to West Ham meant he didn't have to move house.

I used to really enjoy Saint and Greavsie on a Saturday lunchtime before heading of to the ground, wish him well. 

Best wishes Jimmy. a true great. 

Once again a reminder that there are higher priorities in life.

We were in for him when he left Spurs, said in retrospect he should have joined us but going to West Ham meant he didn't have to move house.

I used to really enjoy Saint and Greavsie on a Saturday lunchtime before heading of to the ground, wish him well. 

I wanted to have two cats and call them Saint and Greavsie. But my wife didn't get the cultural reference and wouldn't let me. 

A legend , an all time great , just like Dave Mackay .

One of Jimmy's favourite pastimes was scoring against the dogs , I believe in his last game before leaving Chelsea he scored 4 against them , and as luck would have it , his first game back for Spurs he scored five , good or what :D.

Hang on Jimmy and get well again .

legend of the game who, since the Sky era, has not been given the level of air time he should. When you see some of those pundits that get onto Soccer Saturday etc, it's scandalous that they never found space for Greavsie.

I waited years for a return of Saint and Greavsie, as it was a part of my life.

Hope he get well soon. 

​Only saw him play once never met him but really liked him great comic what a laugh 

Wasn`t he Bobby Moores best mate seem to remember when Bobby got arrested in Mexico 1970 Greavesy was on a rally MK 2 Cortina as he wasn`t in Ramseys squad and he broke in to the police station to see Bobby ?

Get well soon 

Archived