'soon to be Dyche of Derby if what I'm hearing is correct'

Ambitious

​you'd like to think he'd be shopping in a different place at Derby though. Burnley shopping at Farmfoods and Lidl, Derby shopping at Tesco and Sainsburys.

​I'd like to think McClaren won't be going anywhere

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This horrific shocking defence has conceded 7 more than Real Norwich!!!!??? 

Quick. Call Dyche!! He's the next Owen Coyle. He'll fix it.

He got Burnley promoted. I know this may come as a shock,  but they have been a professional team for a while now. 

What worries me with Dyche is his transfers for Burnley when they went up, Kightly and Reid, both crocks and Reid past it. Jutkiewicz and Sordell, never a Premier League strikers, Boyd has dodgy eyes and the less said about Keane the better.

​Well Burnley were never going to attract top Premier League talent were they? And if they could it would be on over-inflated wages. They've done the best thing by improving their squad to come back up at the first attempt. Yo-yo for a bit like West Brom did and then make that push to establish themselves. 

​Well Burnley were never going to attract top Premier League talent were they? And if they could it would be on over-inflated wages. They've done the best thing by improving their squad to come back up at the first attempt. Yo-yo for a bit like West Brom did and then make that push to establish themselves. 

Not even especially good Championship signings though are they? The best players they have are the same ones they had before they bought anyone. 

Even Bolton and Norwich bought the best of the Championship.

Burnley just bought some Championship players. 

He got Burnley promoted. I know this may come as a shock,  but they have been a professional team for a while now. 

​We are truly awful aren't we.

Quick, we need a saviour! I am certain Dyche could have lured Bent and Ince here.

​You say that like that is nothing. 7 goals more than a direct competitor in Norwich, and 8 more than a direct competitor in Watford. Both out of sight of us in the table. 8 goals more is a huge difference when you are dealing in the fine margins at the top and bottom of the table. 

If I was a sports scientist and my technique guaranteed your club would concede 8 goals less than your direct competitor, I'd have football clubs queuing round the block for my advice.   

Do you all want Macca to leave?

This is the sort of tripe which will make him want to leave, because the fans dont want him!!!

What an utter load of nonsense. Unless Newcastle come back in for him, he wont be going anywhere.

Please close this bullshit thread

Do you all want Macca to leave?

This is the sort of tripe which will make him want to leave, because the fans dont want him!!!

What an utter load of nonsense. Unless Newcastle come back in for him, he wont be going anywhere.

Please close this bullshit thread

​Name one fan - aside from ValleyRam - that has said they don't want McClaren? 

It's just a rumour that's someone said, no one is planning an uprising. 

​You say that like that is nothing. 7 goals more than a direct competitor in Norwich, and 8 more than a direct competitor in Watford. Both out of sight of us in the table. 8 goals more is a huge difference when you are dealing in the fine margins at the top and bottom of the table. 

If I was a sports scientist and my technique guaranteed your club would concede 8 goals less than your direct competitor, I'd have football clubs queuing round the block for my advice.   

Watford have concede 12 more goals than Boro.

Sheffield Wednesday have conceded less than Watford.

It's points we're short of. Not clean sheets.

Watford have concede 12 more goals than Boro.

Sheffield Wednesday have conceded less than Watford.

It's points we're short of. Not clean sheets.

​That's the thing. We could have conceded an odd goal against Brighton at home, Chalton at home, won 5-3 against Wolves at home. We have dropped points because we have given away critical goals. 

The defence either isn't good enough, the defensive tactics aren't good enough, or the players don't have the mental capability to listen and implement the tactics they have been told to implement. It's one of the three, or a bit from each. Either way, it's cost us automatics, and could very well cost us the playoffs. 

​We are truly awful aren't we.

Quick, we need a saviour! I am certain Dyche could have lured Bent and Ince here.

He'd have made our defence solid.

Which is why they sit bottom of the PL with the worst goal difference, 5pts behind Burnley and Dyche has a 38% win ratio. 

Oh I know, it's poor ickle Burnley. It's a miracle. Other miracle workers include Paul Jewell, Aidy Bothroyd and Owen Coyle.

He's also credited with the "fight" that Burnley are putting up (which they arent). Such a plucky underdog as they set down the path layed before them by Wigan and Swansea. Desperate as they are to catch Crystal Palace and Hull. 

He's done alright. But how did he get a Church built for him as this super manager in waiting. 

He couldn't even tempt our players away. Rubbish old Derby.

He wanted that "rubbish" Keogh...

​Coat? you mean jacket........straight jacket

​Been there, avoided that.

There's a saying around here, distance makes the mountains look blue.  My point is that i have no confidence in Dyche whatsoever, be it his signings, or the way he approaches the game.  Tactically he is probably better than Nigel and come to think of it i am probably better tactically than Nigel, but i just don't like Dyche's style, football is about scoring more than the opposition while entertaining the fans.  Before the season started i predicted that Burnley would go down and look where they are.  Crystal Palace for instance made astute signings, play attractive football and are mid table.  We should go their route rather than Burnley's.  i am still holding on to hope that Steve will stay with us and i am certain he would do a better job in the premiership than Dyche could ever hope for.

​That's the thing. We could have conceded an odd goal against Brighton at home, Chalton at home, won 5-3 against Wolves at home. We have dropped points because we have given away critical goals. 

The defence either isn't good enough, the defensive tactics aren't good enough, or the players don't have the mental capability to listen and implement the tactics they have been told to implement. It's one of the three, or a bit from each. Either way, it's cost us automatics, and could very well cost us the playoffs. 

Yet everyone takes the piss out of our defence. 

Not that I love it.

I just don't constantly rip them because they aren't awful. 

Anyone previewing this forum for their first game on Saturday will be expecting to see 4 small children playing at the back

We've scored 27 goals we "didn't need to score"

By this I mean you could take as many as 27 goals off us from various games this year and we'd still have the exact same number of points.

If you attributed those goals across we could have got an extra 28 points from our 14 draws with 14 goals. So we could have conceded the same amount as we have, scored the same amount as we have, and still possibly had at least 28 points more than we currently do.

It doesn't matter how many we've conceded, it matters when. Our defence has let us down at the most important times and if it wasn't for our attack our play-off dream would have ended a long time ago.

Good post/point Kernow, although maybe just because I agree!

To bring Aunty ********  (Auntie Balls) into play...

If we'd played 4-4-2 with the players available to us now, or the current formation with Hendrick as DM all season then I reckon we'd have conceded anywhere between 10-20 more goals than we have.

If Dyche did come here, then Christie's confidence would need to come back sharpish! Burnley's main strength last season was getting the ball to Trippier and putting it in the box, Vokes was great with the ball to his head (which Martin isn't) and Ings working off him was extremely productive. They could play some good stuff at times, but nowhere near as attractive as the stuff we were coming up with before it went to pot!

I just can't really be bothered nor see the point of discussing other managers when we still have one. Nothing other than the media has suggested he will leave. Why is it that when a paper reports us going for Dyche, or Clement, or Warburton or anyone we'll dismiss it as "how would they know?" but when a paper reports Mac leaving it's suddenly all set in stone.

​Name one fan - aside from ValleyRam - that has said they don't want McClaren? 

It's just a rumour that's someone said, no one is planning an uprising. 

Should mclaren leave this summer it won't be the fans that drive him out, he will go because what he feels is a bigger club comes in for him.  Let's face it, if he cared what the fans think, then Newcastle would be the last place he would go.

i think the point is though, how many threads can appear based upon such tedious links.  Bookies odds, a man from the sun, someone spotting him at the Birmingham ground, the plumber, and probably mystic meg next.

Its no secret that he is odds on favourite to go to Newcastle, yet we have detective work being carried out as though we want him to leave.  He said he has no contact, Rush said that there has not been any contact, the man working at b & q in Newcastle has said he has not seen him buying a patio set, yet we continue relentlessly to say it's a done deal.

its only a few week until the end of the season, I'm sure silly season can wait a few weeks longer...can't it :-)

Archived