'soon to be Dyche of Derby if what I'm hearing is correct'

Ambitious

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean Dyche's name has popped up in the Daily Mail - again. I did a little background research to see if anything has developed and the Championship/Football League correspondent for the Sun said a couple of days ago on Twitter..

It seemed bizarre to begin with, now I'm not so sure... 

​Talk about biggin yourself up in the title of the thread !

There's nowt substantial here.

"Apparently" it's because of this.. https://www.clubcall.com/burnley/dyche-stalking-derby-duo-again-1761934.html

Dyche stalking Derby duo again Burnley FC, Latest news update: March 11, 2015 12:19 PM Views: 2,947 Burnley boss Sean Dyche watched last summer's transfer targets Richard Keogh and Craig Bryson in action for Derby County on Saturday. The Clarets boss was at the iPro Stadium for the Championship clash between Derby and Birmingham City - sparking rumours that he is ready to make a fresh move for one or both of the players this summer. Derby rejected a £1.5million Burnley bid for their 28-year-old captain Keogh in August after reports of Dyche's interest initially emerged in June. And Bryson, 27, signed a new five-year deal just days after a rumoured £750,000 offer from the Clarets. Republic of Ireland centre-back Keogh also put pen to paper on a new three-year deal in September to tie him to the club until 2017. Derby remain on course for promotion but the two points they dropped at home to Birmingham on Saturday could cost them an automatic berth and leave them scrapping through the play-offs in a tense finale to the season.

"Apparently" it's because of this.. https://www.clubcall.com/burnley/dyche-stalking-derby-duo-again-1761934.html

Dyche stalking Derby duo again Burnley FC, Latest news update: March 11, 2015 12:19 PM Views: 2,947 Burnley boss Sean Dyche watched last summer's transfer targets Richard Keogh and Craig Bryson in action for Derby County on Saturday. The Clarets boss was at the iPro Stadium for the Championship clash between Derby and Birmingham City - sparking rumours that he is ready to make a fresh move for one or both of the players this summer. Derby rejected a £1.5million Burnley bid for their 28-year-old captain Keogh in August after reports of Dyche's interest initially emerged in June. And Bryson, 27, signed a new five-year deal just days after a rumoured £750,000 offer from the Clarets. Republic of Ireland centre-back Keogh also put pen to paper on a new three-year deal in September to tie him to the club until 2017. Derby remain on course for promotion but the two points they dropped at home to Birmingham on Saturday could cost them an automatic berth and leave them scrapping through the play-offs in a tense finale to the season.

​Well if that's it, he will have surely crossed their names off his list as a result of that game!

Keogh had a bad game and Bryson came on after 80 minutes. I forget what happened after that. No really I have blanked it out

​Well if that's it, he will have surely crossed their names off his list as a result of that game!

Keogh had a bad game and Bryson came on after 80 minutes. I forget what happened after that. No really I have blanked it out

Keogh had a blinder against Birmingham. 

They didn't have a shot on goal for 90 minutes and we conceded a penalty from a Tom Ince foul and a corner, with Birmingham having 11 men in the box. I think Dawkins was the man closest to the ball when it was struck towards goal.

If SMC does go (beyond our control i`m afraid) then for me Dyche would be a perfect replacement.

Anyone who saw his Burnley side play last season would know that as well as having a well drilled defence, they also played with pace and flair going forwards and scored lots of goals. He bought good players on the cheap and developed what they already had there. 

He also did very well at Watford in the short space of time he had there!

Oh and hes NOT a Forest fan. He simply started his career there as a youngster.

My issue with Dyche is - despite a decent championship record - I think he's one of those managers who will never quite have it in him to get a team to step up once he's got them in the Prem (Not basing that on stats, rather gut instinct based on Watford / Burnley's play style under him).

With Mac, I always felt *if* we ever did make the Prem under him, he'd have the ability to get us into a reasonably comfortable position. 

Having said that if Mac does make a move in the summer we could a whole lot worse than Dyche. 

Keogh had a blinder against Birmingham. 

They didn't have a shot on goal for 90 minutes and we conceded a penalty from a Tom Ince foul and a corner, with Birmingham having 11 men in the box. I think Dawkins was the man closest to the ball when it was struck towards goal.

​factually incorrect. They had plenty of shots, and if they could've hit the target, we'd have been bang in trouble.

Keogh had an annoying habit during that game of running around the back of the striker he was marking (at set pieces), and if the striker decided to move forward, as Zigic (?) did a couple of times, he had a free header on goal, with Keogh 8 feet behind him!

Keogh had a decent game, but if you watched closely, Albentosa was the key CB that game.

What worries me with Dyche is his transfers for Burnley when they went up, Kightly and Reid, both crocks and Reid past it. Jutkiewicz and Sordell, never a Premier League strikers, Boyd has dodgy eyes and the less said about Keane the better.

What worries me with Dyche is his transfers for Burnley when they went up, Kightly and Reid, both crocks and Reid past it. Jutkiewicz and Sordell, never a Premier League strikers, Boyd has dodgy eyes and the less said about Keane the better.

​you'd like to think he'd be shopping in a different place at Derby though. Burnley shopping at Farmfoods and Lidl, Derby shopping at Tesco and Sainsburys.

Archived