Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is absolutely no indication that Ince could do this in the Premier League, and certainly not in a disrupted and hostile atmosphere like SJP.  If I was him, I would choose a move to an ambitious Derby in order to get a full season under his belt and prove he can still perform for the duration of the season - like he did at Blackpool. I doubt any of the top half teams defences will lose any sleep over Ince whatsoever, and I'd wager their fans will expect a more glamorous winger in order to satisfy their sense of deluded entitlement. 

Do the right thing, Tom. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already had it with SM, and if he were to pinch Ince from us then I well and truly will wish the worst upon his time at Newcastle...

However, I do believe that it is simply lazy journalism due to Ince's links with SM. Also, Ince isn't the marquee signings that Newcastle need to 'win this trophy that SM is going to bring to the club'...

Ince will do the right thing, his best football will be played in Derby.

Then how would you differentiate between the roles played by, say, off the top of my head Teddy Sherringham and Messi for Barca/Faberegas for Spain? It's a totally different role that warrants its own name whatever that might be. I'm not sure about the false 10 that amateur sports journalists tried to invent though. 

​I wouldn't, frankly, because it's just a variation on a theme - and in a year's time, there will be another variation involving a different blade of grass.

I don't try to compartmentalise and over-analyse footballers - if you want to, then that's entirely up to you. People waxed lyrical about 'third man theory' in the 1960's, citing the way that West Ham played (especially the influence that Martin Peters had on their success),  as though it was a completely new approach and a magical method that would carry everything before it. It just gave people headaches.

​I wouldn't, frankly, because it's just a variation on a theme - and in a year's time, there will be another variation involving a different blade of grass.

I don't try to compartmentalise and over-analyse footballers - if you want to, then that's entirely up to you. People waxed lyrical about 'third man theory' in the 1960's, citing the way that West Ham played (especially the influence that Martin Peters had on their success),  as though it was a completely new approach and a magical method that would carry everything before it. It just gave people headaches.

I think that was something to do with burgess and maclean with philby in the hole.

​Unless Ince wants to go to Newcastle 

I'm not conversant with Bosman rules but can a player refuse to go to a club if the two clubs have agreed a transfer? Like a no-trade clause that we see a lot in North American sports? 

If Hull is legally bound to the transfer because of the clause in the loan agreement, maybe we could buy Ince for one price and flip him to Newcastle at a profit. 

Hull gets their money (their lesson learned for agreeing to the clause); we get more money to invest; Ince gets the Premier League; Newcastle get the player they apparently want.

I'm not conversant with Bosman rules but can a player refuse to go to a club if the two clubs have agreed a transfer? Like a no-trade clause that we see a lot in North American sports? 

If Hull is legally bound to the transfer because of the clause in the loan agreement, maybe we could buy Ince for one price and flip him to Newcastle at a profit. 

Hull gets their money (their lesson learned for agreeing to the clause); we get more money to invest; Ince gets the Premier League; Newcastle get the player they apparently want.

I would like to see TI here but...That would be a thing of beauty!

​A player can refuse any transfer they want. From memory a transfer going through requires both club's consent, the player's consent, and the FA's consent. 

As for whether you could treat players like chattel, the answer is thankfully no (in almost all instances to my knowledge). If we did have a clause to sign Ince, and he wanted to go to Newcastle and we wanted to act as some bizarre middle men, he could simply say no to us, then go to Newcastle directly.

​A player can refuse any transfer they want. From memory a transfer going through requires both club's consent, the player's consent, and the FA's consent. 

As for whether you could treat players like chattel, the answer is thankfully no (in almost all instances to my knowledge). If we did have a clause to sign Ince, and he wanted to go to Newcastle and we wanted to act as some bizarre middle men, he could simply say no to us, then go to Newcastle directly.

​That's a shame... it's a business at the end of the day and the players act as though they're products (unless they really like birthday cake, then they suddenly start crying about their humanity) so I'd have no problem with us being the same if it worked to our advantage.

Would be nice for us to screw a Premier League team over rather than the other way around, after Huddlestone, Rasiak, etc.!

We love and he knows he'd be wanted at Derby. The Mags get, in their eyes, a second rate manager and a relegated, out of favour player, who they probably know as the son of someone they loved to hate in the past. Come of boys and girls, this is a no brainier. Young Mr Ince will be wearing a white shirt in the coming season.

Archived