Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we have £2 mill to spend in summer. Let's say we do, and board are willing to stretch for right player though. Then Keogh leaves, and suddenly our team needs adding to. Are you saying you put all of our budget on a winger who apparently to some drifts in and out of games ala Bamford.

Now I rate Tom highly, I'm also aware we will have a budget and Hull will want a pretty penny. I'm not saying of the board shell out 3.5 mill I'll be grumpy or even complaining, just my thoughts if I was spending. 

Do we have £2 mill to spend in summer. Let's say we do, and board are willing to stretch for right player though. Then Keogh leaves, and suddenly our team needs adding to. Are you saying you put all of our budget on a winger who apparently to some drifts in and out of games ala Bamford.

Now I rate Tom highly, I'm also aware we will have a budget and Hull will want a pretty penny. I'm not saying of the board shell out 3.5 mill I'll be grumpy or even complaining, just my thoughts if I was spending. 

​What for no money despite signing a new contract this season?

Whoever leaves in the summer will leave for a decent fee, because of the contracts we've got them on. They'll all want an increase in wages too and I'd guess we've not got them on the wages we had them on in the Clough days.

We're not in a horrendous position at all.

if he's for sale in order to fund hull's own transfer kitty then surely it stands to reason we may get him for less than if they didn't want to sell him? Also bear in mind that we paid around £3m for a DM in Thorne and while Thorne may be a better player, attackers usually generate a higher asking price. If we go up this season then I doubt the price would be as much of an issue with Play off prize money etc. However if we are in the Championship next season then you have to feel anywhere between £3m and £4.5m would be good business if we are serious about winning the league.

​Look whats happened to ala Bamford.

Player of the season whether we agree or not

I think Bamford is a good player, said I would be happy with him on loan again this season, but didn't think he would come back, and he didn't.

Probably worth saying my point of view is based on the likely good of us playing in this division next season. Not pessimism, just the more likely option at this moment 

if he's for sale in order to fund hull's own transfer kitty then surely it stands to reason we may get him for less than if they didn't want to sell him? Also bear in mind that we paid around £3m for a DM in Thorne and while Thorne may be a better player, attackers usually generate a higher asking price. If we go up this season then I doubt the price would be as much of an issue with Play off prize money etc. However if we are in the Championship next season then you have to feel anywhere between £3m and £4.5m would be good business if we are serious about winning the league.

Did I miss the announcement of what we paid? Believe most sources said it was just over 2 mill, around the 2.25 mark. Would I be wrong in saying Ince is on a par with Thorne in terms of value and ability (I appreciate forwards will always command more) 

Did I miss the announcement of what we paid? Believe most sources said it was just over 2 mill, around the 2.25 mark. Would I be wrong in saying Ince is on a par with Thorne in terms of value and ability (I appreciate forwards will always command more) 

​I was of the belief it was around £3m (tbf £2.5m is around £3m) but either way, anything up to £4.5m would be tidy business - can't let him slip through the net like Bamford (admittedly he wanted to play different position to what we could offer but you get my point). Sign Ince and Wisdom (probably on loan) and I can see us going all the way next season (unless we don't this season)

(sorry for all the brackets)

How on earth can you say Ince drifts in and out of games? 

As wingers go, he's pretty much in the game as much as anybody. He certaintly shows himself more than our other wingers. 

If he isn't linking up play then he's offering himself as an option outwide. If he isn't outwide then he's making runs through the middle for people to thread the ball too. When he isn't doing that he is constantly tracking his man and working hard for the team. 

I'd love us to sign him. However, I said that about Thorne and he got injured. So, it's hard to say. 

Injury free ensured, I'd want us to push the boat out for him. I'm almost certain he has enough talent to drag us through games alone.

if the play offs start and we still don't look too great, I will still believe because I know Ince has the ability to  win a game on his own. 

​I was of the belief it was around £3m (tbf £2.5m is around £3m) but either way, anything up to £4.5m would be tidy business - can't let him slip through the net like Bamford (admittedly he wanted to play different position to what we could offer but you get my point). Sign Ince and Wisdom (probably on loan) and I can see us going all the way next season (unless we don't this season)

(sorry for all the brackets)

How on earth can you say Ince drifts in and out of games? 

As wingers go, he's pretty much in the game as much as anybody. He certaintly shows himself more than our other wingers. 

If he isn't linking up play then he's offering himself as an option outwide. If he isn't outwide then he's making runs through the middle for people to thread the ball too. When he isn't doing that he is constantly tracking his man and working hard for the team. 

I'd love us to sign him. However, I said that about Thorne and he got injured. So, it's hard to say. 

Injury free ensured, I'd want us to push the boat out for him. I'm almost certain he has enough talent to drag us through games alone.

if the play offs start and we still don't look too great, I will still believe because I know Ince has the ability to  win a game on his own. 

If you're referring to me buddy, I don't say that.

I have read that said about Ince on many occasions over the past 4 weeks. I think there are times in games when I want him on the ball more, but that's not a fault of his, more the way we've been playing lately.

Archived