Derbyshire CCC in 2015

eddie

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the comment I made must have got scrambled when you processed it. I said...

"Your 'point' implying that Godleman's efforts are a waste of time could equally be pointed towards Footitt - or towards anybody in any circumstances where the team are not at the sharp end."

I wasn't blaming Footitt - he has been a model of consistency, and that he (and to a certain extent Godleman) have at least showed some semblance of professionalism even as the season petered out.

Bargain basement run chase today C O U F

Get ready to ring the bells, we require 19 in four overs, with 6 wickets in hand.

Surely this is in the bag:unsure:

Just lost 2 wickets in 4 balls - the wheels are wobbling....

Edit - and another 2 wickets bite the dust...

• 5 months later...

Just thought I'd bump this thread with the news that, with about one month before the season starts, the egg-and-tomato brigade have decreed that only one team will be promoted this season, with 2 coming down.

Next season there will be 10 counties playing just 14 4-day fixtures.

Unless of course they then decide to roll those little insignificant counties into one area team, and we know who the prime candidates will be.

10 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Just thought I'd bump this thread with the news that, with about one month before the season starts, the egg-and-tomato brigade have decreed that only one team will be promoted this season, with 2 coming down.

Next season there will be 10 counties playing just 14 4-day fixtures.

Unless of course they then decide to roll those little insignificant counties into one area team, and we know who the prime candidates will be.

Restructured to accommodate 20/20 as the showpiece of the summer. Typical. I absolutely detest pyjama party slogfest and wish it had never been invented.

3 hours ago, Anon said:

Restructured to accommodate 20/20 as the showpiece of the summer. Typical. I absolutely detest pyjama party slogfest and wish it had never been invented.

Me too. As someone commented somewhere (sorry to be vague) the two months most likely to be fine are given over ot this charade, the 4-day county cricket pushed to the outer fringes time-wise where the weather is most likely to be less clement.

Not only does this sound like the still-breathing corpse of the 4-day game is being thrust unwillingly into its coffin, but it doesn't auger well for the test scene. I thought that the games were expanded from 3 to 4 days to give batsmen the experience of builing innings in preparation for the test arena. Now they're reducing the number of games, and the opportunities of up-and-coming young cricketers.

In the words of Maurice Chevalier, 'I'm glad I'm not young anymore'.

Archived