Derbyshire CCC in 2015

eddie

Derbyshire doing well again. I hope the weather stays ok for them. Watched the young lad Critchley make 137 not out on debut. Bet he won't bat at 8 in the second innings

​Needs to work on his bowling , which is what he was selected for .

MJJ Critchley 7 0 56 0

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I am not there , but it appears to be a decent batting pitch , so why are we going so f****** slowly second innings.

Our first innings 3.69 , their first innings 5.31 , our second innings 2.76 come on lads or you will not leave enough time to get them out .

Derbyshire put the pedal to the metal (eventually) and declared on 407-5, leaving Northants a day and what remains of today (8 overs or so) to score 427 to win.

A win will see God's own county leapfrog Northants into second place.

Looked to have been an absolutely magnificent game of cricket. Shame I had to work.

1464 runs, 34 wickets,  4 hundreds and it went right to the wire. 

Disappointed , maybe the slow batting yesterday cost us, we should maybe have gotten another 50/60 runs in quick time and had longer to get them out , but they are a bogey team , we have not beaten them for ages .

​It cuts both ways though, doesn't it? A target of 470 or 480 might well have been one that Northants wouldn't have contemplated going for, and they might have just plodded along all day taking no risks.

​It cuts both ways though, doesn't it? A target of 470 or 480 might well have been one that Northants wouldn't have contemplated going for, and they might have just plodded along all day taking no risks.

​Off course it cuts both ways as I said maybe its just my disappointment.

One point I will add however is that I feel that Madsen can be ultra  cautious sometimes .

Archived