Klopp leaving Dortmund at the end of the season

Day

Arsenal and City fans you can hear cheers, hipsters are in tears, Where will he end up? you would like to think a club in the best league in the world would snap him up but could be tempted to go to Real instead if Ancelotti is given the boot.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City or PSG. Both managers are getting booted at the end of the season.

It's a shame to see Klopp's naive optimism that he could win things the right way, without hurling money around, has been kicked out of him. Dortmund were bound to have a season like this sooner or later when Bayern treat them as a feeder club.

He'll end up at City or Real Madrid. Arsenal have said that Wenger ain't leaving and will see out his contract at least. Personally I feel they should sort of direct Wenger out, he's had his time there and they can get a good manager whilst they can.

Pellegrini will be gone regardless. Klopp to replace him at City, if not Ancelotti will be gone from Real Madrid. Klopp to RM, Ancelotti to City.

Saying that I wouldn't mind him as a replacement for Mac should he leave. Ancelotti's assistant at Real wouldn't be a bad shout either.

100% won't go to city. At both mainz and dortmund he prided his teams on being energetic and 100% intensity which is the complete opposite at city because they are full of mercenaries. He is either going to Barca, Real Madrid, Valencia(if Nuno wants a new challenge) or PSG me thinks

100% won't go to city. At both mainz and dortmund he prided his teams on being energetic and 100% intensity which is the complete opposite at city because they are full of mercenaries. He is either going to Barca, Real Madrid, Valencia(if Nuno wants a new challenge) or PSG me thinks​

Klopp has said he has wanted to manage in England so it wouldn't be that crazy for him to go to City, plus he speaks very good English 

Klopp has said he has wanted to manage in England so it wouldn't be that crazy for him to go to City, plus he speaks very good English 

If a manager says they want to manage in England, does it necessarily follow that they want to manage a top 6 club. 

If they were really that good, and they really just wanted to manage in England, they should aim for one of the mid-table clubs and smash the top 6 status quo. 

Just thinking, it's easy to say 'I want to manage in England, but on the condition that I only manage one of the clubs that are already established in the top 6, otherwise I'm not interested.'

I know it's not 'easy' to manage those clubs, but in theory it's easier to win the championship with City than it is with Burnley. 

I always think that managers who've had success should have a go at a club who hasn't won anything for ages. Why did Jose bother going back to Chelsea where it's a failure if he doesn't win the league? If he'd gone to Liverpool and won the title his legacy would be much greater. Even more so if he did it at Newcastle, Derby, Portsmouth etc.

Klopp is one of the few managers who might give this sort of thing a try. It would be dull if he went to PSG. Test yourself.

Archived