Litter around derby/derbyshire + Utch's "Sofa watch"

Sith Happens

20 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Thank you. I’m treating this post as a Christmas gift, and one I’m eternally grateful for too ???

Thank you for the kind words Mostyn.

My only regret is that not too many of my fellow Rams appear to share the delight of spotting a stray settee, a solitary sofa, a castaway chaise longue and capturing it for posterity on this very forum....I really don't know how you can sleep at night if you pass an aimless armchair without feeling a pang of guilt if you haven't taken a picture.

Especially now, at this special time of the year, think of Mostyn and I, think of the solace of the soft furnishings left abandoned to a cold, damp fate in our unforgiving streets.

I had to look back almost a YEAR to find this thread, A YEAR!!! How many of you have strolled, driven or even passed on public transport a piece of furniture cruelly left to its own fate without bothering to pause, park or get off at the next stop to film the poor thing.

Hold your heads in shame ?

Edited by uttoxram75

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Thank you for the kind words Mostyn.

My only regret is that not too many of my fellow Rams appear to share the delight of spotting a stray settee, a solitary sofa, a castaway chaise longue and capturing it for posterity on this very forum....I really don't know how you can sleep at night if you pass an aimless armchair without feeling a pang of guilt if you haven't taken a picture.

Especially now, at this special time of the year, think of Mostyn and I, think of the solace of the soft furnishings left abandoned to a cold, damp fate in our unforgiving streets.

I had to look back almost a YEAR to find this thread, A YEAR!!! How many of you have strolled, driven or even passed on public transport a piece of furniture cruelly left to its own fate without bothering to pause, park or get off at the next stop to film the poor thing.

Hold your heads in shame ?

Not many of us live in areas, as affluent as Uttoxeter, to see perfectly good sofas on every street corner ?

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I bottled it. The geezer in the flat next door has put his worn-out office swivel faux leather chair outside the door so he can have a comfortable roll-up (his missus won't let him smoke indoors). Went to take a pic and he was sitting in it, so bottled it.

Not strictly abandoned so i'll let you off, otherwise you may have to purchase one of these......

https://www.wish.com/product/5d7335515c0fe110bae59033?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=GB&_force_currency_code=GBP&pid=googleadwords_int&c={campaignId}&ad_cid=5d7335515c0fe110bae59033&ad_cc=GB&ad_curr=GBP&ad_price=9.00&campaign_id=6493229882&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpOnbpOK85gIVS7TtCh0UWAx1EAQYASABEgJwwfD_BwE

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Some great pics there Mostyn. If the police are serious about following up the dumping of sofas then it could make it more interesting. people would have to find more inventive ways to dispose of them, could make for some cracking pics going forward.

On a more serious note.....

Can't help but be a little disappointed that someone on this forum hasn't spotted these earlier and posted em up though.

Littleover, hang your heads in shame ?

Edited by uttoxram75

On 05/03/2020 at 17:08, uttoxram75 said:

Some great pics there Mostyn. If the police are serious about following up the dumping of sofas then it could make it more interesting. people would have to find more inventive ways to dispose of them, could make for some cracking pics going forward.

On a more serious note.....

Can't help but be a little disappointed that someone on this forum hasn't spotted these earlier and posted em up though.

Littleover, hang your heads in shame ?

I drove past them every day for a week as well ?. Consider myself Chaisened...