Paul71

Litter around derby/derbyshire + Utch's "Sofa watch"

​I agree completely, whenever I leave a McDonalds or somewhere, I clear the tray into the bin, clear up any left over food on the table, and just leave it to be wiped down properly with a cloth by the staff. I also don't litter. It's about people for some reason believing that they aren't responsible for their own mess.

But the biggest problem is a lack of bins I think. I know having too many looks ugly but there are not enough bins around.

ladyram

That's exactly what it is Ramnut, there's quite a few street cleaners who have gone through cutbacks, just like the CCTV guys, gone.

But if ppl took responsibility for their own sodding litter, it wouldn't be so bad.

SillyBilly

Its nothing to do with bins. If I have stuff in my car it simply waits until I am home. It is a lack of respect. I agree that is a cultural thing, where I am renting now people live like animals, should see the rubbish in the communal areas. I would clean it up but the tramps dont deserve it.

Strictly speaking its in Staffordshire, but saw this on me dog walk today..........

IMAG0097.thumb.jpg.037024687352864372b7f

​The correct course of action with litter would be to take it home and put it in your own bin. I trust you fulfilled your obligation in this regard?.

​The correct course of action with litter would be to take it home and put it in your own bin. I trust you fulfilled your obligation in this regard?.

​I was going to Wolfie but decided to leave it or the kids will have nothing to burn later.

Strictly speaking its in Staffordshire, but saw this on me dog walk today..........

IMAG0097.thumb.jpg.037024687352864372b7f

​shocking!

how can your council afford to provide luxury seating on the public parks? The Derby city council have had so many cuts that we might not even get our wooden benches replaced this year!

​shocking!

how can your council afford to provide luxury seating on the public parks? The Derby city council have had so many cuts that we might not even get our wooden benches replaced this year!

​We're marching on the Town Hall to demand coffee tables.

When I went florida @AmericanRam the floors were pristine, seems like another world, I remember talking to my maths lecturer recently about it and he said when he went to Sydney it was the same, he stayed in the fast food restaurant for 2 hours just amazed at everyone putting their rubbish in the bin, a culture never really instilled in Britain I must say but it is elementary at best.

Before you go on about age, I never litter because its just revolting and I have put other peoples rubbish in the bin and im 17. plus some old lady cut into the queue infront of me with no regard to order!!! I would've let her on before me if she was behind me or gave my seat to her if needs be but that didn't half get on my wick when all young people are put in the frame of litterers, gang members, benefit ASBO good for nothing so and sos (to be put kindly) there are some decent young folk out there btw...

rant over :D

Sofa update

The sofa has moved approximately 30 yards since yesterday. It is now located in an underpass underneath the Uttoxeter - Rocester road flyover.

IMAG0098.thumb.jpg.6eea1c78c91de56b5fff1

Sofa update

The sofa has moved approximately 30 yards since yesterday. It is now located in an underpass underneath the Uttoxeter - Rocester road flyover.

IMAG0098.thumb.jpg.6eea1c78c91de56b5fff1

​You can bet someone kipped on that last night.