Derby County Flags

Inverurie Ram

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

@Ellafella I saw them all sat a couple of rows behind me and my eldest lad, they got their flag out for a few seconds just before kick off and just at the moment @therams69 and the boys came in to surf the big Super Rams Flag. So they quickly dropped it, to surf the big flag above their heads. Good to see the main man sporting his Rams bucket hat.

Shame about the game and result for these boys. Up The Rams.

Bit of a strange one at Hull...

Always call ahead to check flag is allowed etc and the Hull safety officer confirmed no problem as normal here. Planned to do a surf as no spare seats but we would confirm that on the day.

Anyways .. After speaking to the supervisor on the day we agreed to surf and I got flag out down front ready at 1450 to be surfed at 1455.

At 1455 he then gets a call to say it's not allowed. I was like wtf?!?! I said we had it all agreed etc .. supervisor explained a different safety officer on today and he wasnt happy for us to do it. Quickly got emails out and said we had it agreed etc etc .. Apparently it was a different safety officer but after checking emails he was copied in on the plans anyway haha!

Low and behold the original safety officer I had spoken to was down in away end and apologised and said wasnt his call today and was overruled by same equivalent working on the day. Thought, great this is what we need at 3pm! So original safety officer advised we could then put over seats as block that was originally kept back hadn't been sold in the end so all good to go there .. So at 3pm dragged it across front of away end and put out in an empty block... Strange one that but hey!

Then at full time ended up copping some abuse off the Hull lot who offered me a lighter to burn the flag. Offered for them to throw it down so I could do it but they bottled it .. Naturally the flag is fire retardant so would have been good to see there faces!!

IMG_3595.jpg

9 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Bit of a strange one at Hull...

Always call ahead to check flag is allowed etc and the Hull safety officer confirmed no problem as normal here. Planned to do a surf as no spare seats but we would confirm that on the day.

Anyways .. After speaking to the supervisor on the day we agreed to surf and I got flag out down front ready at 1450 to be surfed at 1455.

At 1455 he then gets a call to say it's not allowed. I was like wtf?!?! I said we had it all agreed etc .. supervisor explained a different safety officer on today and he wasnt happy for us to do it. Quickly got emails out and said we had it agreed etc etc .. Apparently it was a different safety officer but after checking emails he was copied in on the plans anyway haha!

Low and behold the original safety officer I had spoken to was down in away end and apologised and said wasnt his call today and was overruled by same equivalent working on the day. Thought, great this is what we need at 3pm! So original safety officer advised we could then put over seats as block that was originally kept back hadn't been sold in the end so all good to go there .. So at 3pm dragged it across front of away end and put out in an empty block... Strange one that but hey!

Then at full time ended up copping some abuse off the Hull lot who offered me a lighter to burn the flag. Offered for them to throw it down so I could do it but they bottled it .. Naturally the flag is fire retardant so would have been good to see there faces!!

IMG_3595.jpg

Appreciate your efforts with the flag for us Rams.If it want for the Flag it could be the home end with all the orange and red being worn.No red allowed in my house.Black and white match days only.

@therams69 unfortunately there are far too many nuggets in this world and unfortunately far too many of the nuggets are involved in the beautiful game of football, unfortunately some of them are given a computer, a high viz jacket and a walkie talkie and hey presto, they think all of a sudden they are Darth Vader, I'm surprised some of them are not issued with a free light sabre to go and Lazer the so called moronic away fans as we are so often treated.

On a positive steward shout out, I'd like to praise the stewards I spoke to at Charlton Athletic, that were very helpful, respectful and a big shout out to the nice steward that offered straight away when I had the Aberdeenshire Rams flag hanging pre match at the back of our away end, to take a photo of me and my eldest lad, he was happy, when the fans he was keeping tabs on were happy.

Simplicity is Genius.......Jim Smith.

It all comes down to common sense at the end of the day, but unfortunately these days so many choose the dark side instead.

May the DCFC force be with you!

Up The Rams.