Derby County Flags

Inverurie Ram

20 hours ago, therams69 said:

Wasn't good if I am being honest. Didn't post an update as I didn't want to create anything negative before the day and nothing I could do to change it.

So basically with Wembley you have to go via the club to request permission for large flags and drums etc. The drum was permitted and travelled on club transport which was sorted by them, it didnt get in though, so not happy with that outcome. Adam went to alot of effort to get it reskinned and ready. Last thing i wanted to be doing on the day was having to try and sort it considering we had it all arranged. It never got in though, so....

Okay back to the flag... So it was allowed in 5 years ago v QPR ... This time around Wembley insisted it was too small! All large flags that wish to be surfed had to be 12m x 12m or more. Now lets be honest, whats fan/s have a flag that big, practically no one. Why would you as well considering you wouldn't be able to take it around the country to league games, would be pointless. Club at this point decided to produce a club flag that was surfed at the game.

My take on it was that the flag has alot of history as well all know, 10 years with me, and previous to that a few years with John and Ramstrust. Very disappointing that the flag that we take home and away would not be allowed. I managed to speak to Wembley officials and was basically told same as before, not safe for such a small flag etc etc ... Dynamics of Wembley different blah blah ... Some of the stadiums i have setup and surfed flag in has been tough. Forest Green for one, or Birmingham when I was on the back row and had no space to sort but I did. So quite capable of surfing it and making sure it was held up, what I have done for the last 10 years for christ sake! Got no where with him and felt that the game was all about commercial and not the fans. Biggest game of season and they say no, just sums up football nowadays for me I am afraid, losing the love of it in honesty, far to much politics and stupid regulations.

Oh and it would have been a £500 fee to pay as well for a team from Wembley to assist. Like I would have needed. As fans we sort it. I dont need some contractors to tell us how to do it, fans know the score as we do it week in week out. Patronising against us fans it felt like.

Hope that explains it anyway folks! In a nutshell, the game has gone in many aspects.

What a depressing read. I am sure the drum would have given our chants a bit of focus and helped keep us together instead of all the different songs breaking out and competing so that was particularly bad news.

I can't fathom the logic about the flag but good on the club for stepping in and creating another - it looked good but as you say does not have the tradition and history.

What happens to it now? Put away until our next Wembley final?

2 hours ago, angieram said:

What a depressing read. I am sure the drum would have given our chants a bit of focus and helped keep us together instead of all the different songs breaking out and competing so that was particularly bad news.

I can't fathom the logic about the flag but good on the club for stepping in and creating another - it looked good but as you say does not have the tradition and history.

What happens to it now? Put away until our next Wembley final?

Yeah just a little Angie eh! The drum would have been crucial as to get a constant rhythm going, hard enough in a big enough stadium but a little constant noise would then have spread.

Absolutely fair play to the club, but like I say (Keogh style) it shouldn't have come to that in reality. 

No idea, maybe it will get surfed at home games, far too big for away games though. Struggle at times to get the Super Rams flag everywhere although most championship clubs are welcoming of it and it should be doing 18 or so aways next year ...

1 hour ago, NewtonRamDE55 said:

spent some time knocking a new idea up, what does  everyone think? Ideally would use the Derby font but nice and simple

flag.PNG

Don’t have Nottinghamshire Born in full colour. I’d go (lower case representing hollow lettering);

nottinghamshire born

DERBYshire DNA