Derby County Flags

Inverurie Ram

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit surprised we've never adopted the flag of Derbyshire en masse, rather than Union Jacks/St George crosses.

We are a bit unique as a club as we represent the county as much as the city...read a few times on here that games in the 60s would see groups of fans at the BBG shout out the town they'd come from to watch the match that day.

Just need to replace the emblem with the place folk have come from. Might get one with Leeds Rams on, dont care it's not in Derbyshire ?

300px-Derbyshire_flag.svg.png

9 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Bit surprised we've never adopted the flag of Derbyshire en masse, rather than Union Jacks/St George crosses.

We are a bit unique as a club as we represent the county as much as the city...read a few times on here that games in the 60s would see groups of fans at the BBG shout out the town they'd come from to watch the match that day.

Just need to replace the emblem with the place folk have come from. Might get one with Leeds Rams on, dont care it's not in Derbyshire ?

300px-Derbyshire_flag.svg.png

Agreed.
And those colours wouldn't look amiss on an away kit.  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Agreed.
And those colours wouldn't look amiss on an away kit.  ?

Great call that Mucker ? Maybe in the style of Parma/Inter away shirts

Here's my mock up of the flag - with all the design & formatting skills of your average 6 year old ?

1047204893_Derbyshire_flagv2.png.d33f22eb303a01649cc228f30983c892.png

Edited by LeedsCityRam

Just now, Inverurie Ram said:

@LeedsCityRam I considered using the Aberdeen flag when getting the Aberdeenshire Rams flag made up and I'm also suprised Aberdeen FC don't use or utilise it either.

But when I saw the Aberdeen flag, I thought it's far too red, and how the heck do I squeeze a Ram and Aberdeenshire on that!

image.jpeg

Nice flag that but yeah, far too red ? 

I know Plymouth have Devon flags at games but can't think of another club that 'regionalises' their flags. Would be great to have a unique look to our support & the colours of the Derbyshire flag (and the format) lends itself well to putting type and the Ram on ?