Derby County Flags

Inverurie Ram

On 15/06/2017 at 21:19, Inverurie Ram said:

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/kicked/story-21480404-detail/story.html

znq5p0.jpg

Comments (0)

A DERBY County fan says council bosses have scored an own goal after they ordered him to take down Rams flags from his home.

He was told to remove them within 14 days or face court action, and a possible fine of up to £2,500. Mr Hicking has branded the letter "political correctness gone mad".

It reads: "A recent visit by a council officer confirmed the Derby County flags are unauthorised and by displaying them you are committing a criminal offence.

"The flags do not have the required advertisement regulations consent and in the view of the area planning officer would be unlikely to receive consent.

"Consequently, you are therefore required to remove the Derby County flags within 14 days of the date of this letter."

The deadline date for removing the flags was yesterday, and Mr Hicking said he had no choice but to comply with the council's demands.

"The flags had to come down because I can't risk going to court over this. I'll be putting my national flags up instead because it is okay for me to do that."

If you get on with your neighbours, a really good way to annoy the local authorities (always a good thing to do) is:

1. Put up flag.

2. Wait for council to tell you to remove flag.

3. Ignore council and wait for letter from council giving you 14 days to remove flag.

4. Wait 13 days.

5. Give flag to neighbour with instructions to repeat steps 1 to 5.