******* Student Finance!

Perky1106

I applied online for my second year loan for Uni. Then they sent me a form for me to sign to declare the loan and send it back. It was really ambiguous so I sent to the Glasgow address. Now they've sent another form telling me to send it to the office in Derby. It's late so I'm worried I'm really financially screwed because the loan will come late. Oh well, just wanted to get it off my chest and have a rant!

No FIFA 10 or Derby matches for me for a while because I might be financially fcuked. :mad::mad::mad:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

made student finance are crap, 2 years ago i did my form propely on time and i didnt end up getting my maintenance loan til feb, yeah thats right 5 months late, it was bloomin lucky i worked and my dad owns the house otherwise i would of been out on my arse

i havnt even taken a loan last year or this year, but i have a well paid job now so im covered

serious joe if its a day late get on the fone complaining, and go to your students union, they will help you get it sorted, trust me, if yours is even half competant they will sort it

Originally posted by BARRman;30767

made student finance are crap, 2 years ago i did my form propely on time and i didnt end up getting my maintenance loan til feb, yeah thats right 5 months late, it was bloomin lucky i worked and my dad owns the house otherwise i would of been out on my arse

i havnt even taken a loan last year or this year, but i have a well paid job now so im covered

serious joe if its a day late get on the fone complaining, and go to your students union, they will help you get it sorted, trust me, if yours is even half competant they will sort it

:eek::mad:

I've got a bit of money to last a few months but really don't want to be using that as I want to pop it in an ISA quite soon.

I'm going to pop the form in the post tomorrow (which I have done already FFS) and then I will ring on Tuesday. I will contact my student union before it's due to be payed in.

I'm jobhunting as soon as I get back to Uni as well. Better than a loan that because you don't have to pay it back and you get paid at the end of the week.

Thanks for the advice people.

yeah serious, i didnt no thats what the union did, but i told someone who was vaguely connected with them and they said they would of sorted it in 48 hours

i know work for said union running the barand serious if any one messes you about they will kick ass on your behalf, god love the unions!

Archived