Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ovis aries

Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Recommended Posts

Man up. 

Romcom. Passed the time well enough & enough chuckles in it but about 10 mins from the end, Mrs Wolfie realised we’d seen it before. 

I couldn’t remember it at all but she’s probably right (usually is), so clearly not a memorable one. 

6/10

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 26/08/2019 at 19:51, JoetheRam said:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Georgie Kinkldaze/10.

Meandering, meaningless, unnecessary, self-indulgent, bloated... yet sprinkled with some kind of ineffable magic dust which made it a wonderful thing to watch.

What did it all mean? Who knows, maybe that will only become apparent later on... like the French Revolution.

 

Went to see this last night. Its funny how people's opinions differ. 

Biggest load of rubbish Ive ever seen. 

I guess its full of nostalgia for Americans, but wow, what a waste of 3 hours for me that was. (apart from the scenes Margot Robbie appeared in) 

0/10 Bob Malcolm

Share this post


Link to post

Holmes and Watson

This is supposedly a comedy starring Will Ferrell. It's about as funny as that time you notice blood in your poo for the first time. Absolutely turgid film and should only be watched to establish a spectrum, of which this is the lower end of the ratings.

I'm being generous and giving it marks cos it has a British cast, including Kelly MacDonald, who I fell in love with watching Boardwalk Empire.

I laugh at the most basic things, I'm not a comedy snob, but I genuinely cannot remember even sniggering once during this film.

2/10 (Andrei Pereplotkins)

Share this post


Link to post

The Dead Don't Die = Ravanelli/10 

Expected a lot, delivered the odd moments of brilliance but ultimately disappointed, with some weird shenanigans near the end. 

Share this post


Link to post

Split

"Three girls are kidnapped by a man with a diagnosed 23 distinct personalities. They must try to escape before the apparent emergence of a frightful new 24th"

I think I must have avoided this in the cinemas (2016) because M Night Shyamalan had made a few rubbish films but I caught it last weekend & thoroughly enjoyed it.

Phenominal performance by James McAvoy & intelligently done story.

8/10

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Split

"Three girls are kidnapped by a man with a diagnosed 23 distinct personalities. They must try to escape before the apparent emergence of a frightful new 24th"

I think I must have avoided this in the cinemas (2016) because M Night Shyamalan had made a few rubbish films but I caught it last weekend & thoroughly enjoyed it.

Phenominal performance by James McAvoy & intelligently done story.

8/10

There is a sequel as well, Glass, it has Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson, along with James McAvoy. I haven't got round to watching it yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, rynny said:

There is a sequel as well, Glass, it has Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson, along with James McAvoy. I haven't got round to watching it yet. 

Is that Mr Glass from Unbreakable? Where Bruce Willis has some super power that I can't remember. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Is that Mr Glass from Unbreakable? Where Bruce Willis has some super power that I can't remember. 

Possibly, not seen Unbreakable. 

Edit; just looked on imdb and he has the same name, as does SLJ, so. I would say yes. 

Edited by rynny

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Alpha said:

Is that Mr Glass from Unbreakable? Where Bruce Willis has some super power that I can't remember. 

 

9 hours ago, rynny said:

Possibly, not seen Unbreakable. 

Edit; just looked on imdb and he has the same name, as does SLJ, so. I would say yes. 

Yeah, Glass brings together the two from Unbreakable (Where Bruce Willis can spot wrong-uns by brushing up against them & then sorts them out) plus the guy from Split. I knew Glass had been out - which is why I finally decided to watch Split.

Share this post


Link to post

Yesterday I suddenly got a free month's movies on NowTV which I can't quite understand. But Hey ho, watched a childhood favourite of mine:

The Black Hole.

Very dark for a Disney film. Some of the effects are still impressive but others haven't aged well - especially in HD - but still enjoyable & could really do with a re-make.

7/10

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.