Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Fair play to Amir Khan he always has a go, never ducks anyone, i still havent decided if he's very brave or very stupid, maybe a bit of both.

Something more concerning was the scorecards. Two judges having Canelo up on points who was scoring the fight Stevie Wonder? In my opinion Kahn was well up at the time if the knock out.

Im still convinced Fury is hustling everyone.

He'll beat Klitschko again unless he turns up massively out of shape or he takes any unnecessay risks. Klitschko isn't going to get better at 40 and to beat him he'd need to take a bit of a risk and go for it but potentially leave himself open something he hasnt done in about 20 years.

In my ooinion Deontay Wilder is rubbish but has a bang but thats it, technically terrible

Styles beat other styles. I could see Fury losing to Joshua but beating Haye and Wilder. Joshua would beat Fury and Wilder but i think Haye would cause him the most trouble and if i was Joshua's team id try to leave Haye alone for a few years and let him age. 

I think Haye will beat Briggs but a prime Briggs would have smoked Haye the man had Lewis rocked and holding on until he eventually got battered 

On 8 May 2016 at 22:05, dcfcfan1 said:

I dont get the khan hate tbh, he is doing the best he can with his ability. He has balls and he doesnt duck out of fights (hope he fights brook).He is exciting to watch too

No hate, it's just that in some respects he's been a disappointment.

Pre-Breidis Prescott I thought he might just be a superb fighter. Speed, skills, a little power. Then...

...and since then we've known he's always had it in him to get banged out from nowhere. He's entertaining, he skilful, but he's a guy proper champions have on their W column, not their L column.

That was at lightweight too wasn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

How much did people pay at the 02 tonight? Not much quality boxing, total mismatch with Haye and Briggs bouts.

More of a circus than a boxing event, hence the crowd more concerned with getting the ringwalk on their Iphones....

On 20/5/2016 at 15:19, dcfcfan1 said:

BJ saunders is so funny hahaha, my favourite fighter in that division

I used to like the guy, but now I feel he's trying to cause controversy when there is no need. His comments on Canelo and GGG are laughable and come across as quite smug.

Despite being a world champion, I'm yet to see a proper decent performance from him to suggest he'd trouble any of the top names at middleweight. He talks like he's cleaned out the lot.

He says he would beat Canelo. Not a chance. His resume is really poor for an undefeated fighter too. Eubank Jr and Andy Lee are his best wins - who are these? Yeh they're well-known in Britian, but not on a global scale.

BJS needs to fight some big names. Cotto, Trout, Kirkland, Lara, Canelo, GGG, Lemieux. I know the middleweight division isn't exactly loaded with superfights, but come on...

David Haye is an absolute fraud. Puttting on shows like that. His comeback has consisted of an ozzie bum with a built up record and a swiss bum with a built up record 

Next up is a 44 year old mental patient with a good catchphase. I like shannon, i do but he's got a head full of broken biscuits and is too old and past it to trouble Haye. He's far tol slow for Haye & he was shot years ago. it'll be another easy victory for Haye. He needs to fight someone like Whyte someone younger & fresher that will give him a bit if a fight and make the 'comeback' seem more credible rather than frauding people and forcing a scripted rivalry between him and briggs, its obvious hayes people have approached briggs because he's a talker and he can build a fight up. Its like WWE and hayes supposed hatred for briggs doesn't come across as natural like when Fury was running his mouth and getting under his skin 

both haye and briggs might as well have picked two people out of the crowd to fight because it was embarrassing. Daves coverage also started poor and went down hill. At ons point it was like a badly dubbed kung fu film 

That wasn't the dude Briggs was supposed to fight. Late replacement. 

That coward Haye fought shouldn't get a penny. I'd fight Haye for that money and I'd fight exactly like that too.

Height advantage, reach advantage and then steps in without throwing? 

Looking to go down asap. Waste of space. 

12 hours ago, G-Ram said:

David Haye is an absolute fraud. Puttting on shows like that. His comeback has consisted of an ozzie bum with a built up record and a swiss bum with a built up record 

Next up is a 44 year old mental patient with a good catchphase. I like shannon, i do but he's got a head full of broken biscuits and is too old and past it to trouble Haye. He's far tol slow for Haye & he was shot years ago. it'll be another easy victory for Haye. He needs to fight someone like Whyte someone younger & fresher that will give him a bit if a fight and make the 'comeback' seem more credible rather than frauding people and forcing a scripted rivalry between him and briggs, its obvious hayes people have approached briggs because he's a talker and he can build a fight up. Its like WWE and hayes supposed hatred for briggs doesn't come across as natural like when Fury was running his mouth and getting under his skin 

both haye and briggs might as well have picked two people out of the crowd to fight because it was embarrassing. Daves coverage also started poor and went down hill. At ons point it was like a badly dubbed kung fu film 

I'll defend David Haye here. What else could he have done? D Whyte is still injured. His opponent was the only undefeated heavyweight in the world that had more than 25 wins on his record bar Deontay Wilder.

I'm sure Haye would fight Fury, AJ and Wilder now but none would fight him. He needs to build back his reputation after such a long tiem out, and he needs testers to see if he can through a camp without getting injured.

The hasn't frauded anyone because his fights are free to watch. He knows the game, he knows he can't demand PPV just yet and needs to build back up. It's all business really.

And regardless of whether Shannon Briggs is a bum or not, people want to see it. I want to see it, it will be intriguing but I know David Haye will pick up an easy win (round four I'm predicting when Briggs is gassed).

Mayweather and McGregor looks like it will happen and will make millions. It's an absolute mis-match, Mayweather will hammer him. But people want to see it all the same.

3 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Does anyone else think Nick Blackwells comments about the eubanks have been bizzare? Well BJS has been loving them and retweeting them haha

Yes. I thought the Eubanks did well on the night, and since.

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

I know you like him dcfcfan, but he's a marmite bloke Billy Joe Saunders and I can't wait to see him blasted to the canvas. Hopefully Canelo/Khan style. 

Don't like Eubank Jnr either tbh. 

He is so funny though haha. And he is not over hyped like Eubank Jnr. TBF to him canelo should have fought GGG the pussy

1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

He is so funny though haha. And he is not over hyped like Eubank Jnr. TBF to him canelo should have fought GGG the pussy

Canelo will fight GGG, but on his own terms. This is what happens when you're the biggest name in boxing. Canelo has learned from his fight with Mayweather Jr.

If you're the biggest name in boxing, you call the shots. It's as simple as that. Mayweather was massively advantaged over Canelo due to all the tests, rehydration clause, catchweights etc.

Why would Canelo fight GGG at 160 when that's Golovkin's ideal weight. Golovkin is the best fighter at middleweight, but he's not the biggest name and he will be the B side in this fight.

Canelo's team will fight him, but on their terms only and probably at 155. It's natural.

1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Think Canelo knows that there's more money to be made by going this way about it? 

It actually looks as if McGregor v Mayweather is going to happen. 

It'll be millions and millions straight into Mayweather's pockets for an easy fight. I know McGregor can punch and comes from a boxing background doesn't he? But he's not going to outbox Floyd Mayweather!!! 

Make it an MMA fight and it might be interesting (although one punch and it's over?) but in a boxing match... 

On 23 May 2016 at 19:10, dcfcfan1 said:

Does anyone else think Nick Blackwells comments about the eubanks have been bizzare? Well BJS has been loving them and retweeting them haha

I can see where Blackwell is coming from though, in the days after when interviewed Eubank Sr said he was telling JR to go to the body for his safety trying to look a hero, when his actual words were your not taking him out to the head (can't knock him out) attack his body. I will give it to Sr though he did say in the corner a round before the ref should be stopping this. 

JR has been reaching out a lot through social media too making it look a bit "showy" when I'm sure his promoter could of got them in contact behind the scenes. The in humane comment was a bit strong from Blackwell though.