Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

12 hours ago, ossieram said:

Boxed well throughout and won all but 2 rounds I reckon.

Deserves his chance at Saunders now, if not the vacant belt should Saunders go after bigger fish. Reckon Zach is going to come into prominence after that win.

18 minutes ago, David said:

Whilst technically not boxing, this fight was just all out boxing. 

UFC 248, replay is available on BT Sport. 

Just watch the Zhang and Jedrzejczyk fight. 

Before and after ?

E0919BCF-C5E8-4320-9F33-86C56FA54493.jpeg

Wow. I don't even know if I want to watch it. Looks grim

18 minutes ago, David said:

Whilst technically not boxing, this fight was just all out boxing. 

UFC 248, replay is available on BT Sport. 

Just watch the Zhang and Jedrzejczyk fight. 

Before and after ?

E0919BCF-C5E8-4320-9F33-86C56FA54493.jpeg

Jeez they even re-did each others hair styles.

Anyone watch the PBC card? Knowacki got KOd by Helenius but Ajagba looked like he's made some good adjustments since going life and death in his last outing.

I've been watching Parker since he turned pro, he's a good fighter but I don't think he can beat the top guys in the division. He should really have a loss on his record, he got injured vs Williams and should have been beat on the cards but they robbed him.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

That Zach Parker is a good watch isn't he? Really neat tidy boxer with good varied shots. Works up and and down. 

He’s got my interest now Alpha, love to see him get a title shot, hope the club ramp up some P.R for him too, always wears a Ram.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Anyone watch the PBC card? Knowacki got KOd by Helenius but Ajagba looked like he's made some good adjustments since going life and death in his last outing.

I've been watching Parker since he turned pro, he's a good fighter but I don't think he can beat the top guys in the division. He should really have a loss on his record, he got injured vs Williams and should have been beat on the cards but they robbed him.

I didn't even check the Kownacki fight out because I just assumed he'd win. Helenius is just a bit of a brute isn't he? Got some good wins on his record now though and his defeat to Whyte was a respectable effort. Shouldn't really come as such a shock but I just thought it was journeyman for Kownacki to boost his profile against. Oh dear oh dear. ?

22 hours ago, Alpha said:

I didn't even check the Kownacki fight out because I just assumed he'd win. Helenius is just a bit of a brute isn't he? Got some good wins on his record now though and his defeat to Whyte was a respectable effort. Shouldn't really come as such a shock but I just thought it was journeyman for Kownacki to boost his profile against. Oh dear oh dear. ?

Helenius really hasn't aged well but still has some pop, always leaves his chin in the air with no guard coming out of clinches etc. I think Kownacki assumed he could keep shipping shots as he moved up though the levels and his chin has eventually been found out. He tried to rough Helenius up and was out landing him comfortably but got caught on the way out from working inside by a long hook. His legs were completely gone.

13 hours ago, Needlesh said:

Chisora vs Usyk May 23rd.

I'm all over that. 

Definitely. 

We'll learn so much about Usyk. Don't think there's a better HW to put it on Usyk's toes and bully him. 

I think Usyk wins on points or late retirement/stoppage etc. I think he'll break Chisora down but not KO him. But the interesting thing will be with how he deals with Chisora's weight, strength and any combinations that put him on his back foot. Wonder if he will look strong. 

36 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Definitely. 

We'll learn so much about Usyk. Don't think there's a better HW to put it on Usyk's toes and bully him. 

I think Usyk wins on points or late retirement/stoppage etc. I think he'll break Chisora down but not KO him. But the interesting thing will be with how he deals with Chisora's weight, strength and any combinations that put him on his back foot. Wonder if he will look strong. 

Has Usyk really had his chin tested at HW yet? Chisora wont hang about, he knows he wont be able to outbox him so will probably start throwing bombs relatively early in the fight.

21 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Has Usyk really had his chin tested at HW yet? Chisora wont hang about, he knows he wont be able to outbox him so will probably start throwing bombs relatively early in the fight.

Yep, I suspect he'll try proper bully tactics. That is probably what Usyk wants before stepping up for world titles. 

His only fight at HW was against Chad Witherspoon (me neither) and although he beat him up I didn't think it was a performance to make the heavies pay any attention. When Witherspoon hit him on the guard it looked to me like it shifted Usyk's balance off. Maybe it was ring rust or he's just not found his weight yet. 

Chisora will be all over that though, like you said. 

I do think Chisora will lose pace and the work of Usyk will be too much. But if Chisora bullies him then you have to worry for Usyk when he fights the younger guys who come with the same weight and height +. 

Does anyone fancy BJS to beat Canelo? 

If I was a betting man I'd bet heavy on Canelo. It's hard not to sound disrespectful to BJS who definitely has more to him but Canelo... probably the most complete fighter in the sport. Picks his opponents a bit but still shows he has everything. 

I'd put him ahead of Lomachenko I think. Not as good to watch though. P4P number 1 and 2