Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Oh dear. 

He should have kept his mouth shut and kept all that private. Just say there were issues in the build up but I'll fix them and be back. 

People will be hammering him now and it's a shame because he has been an interesting fighter and a massive part of this exciting era. He also showed how tough he is against Fury which would have made people warm to him

He's an odd guy. He's had to bang the drum so loud to get noticed but he's been ignored. But he doesn't know when to shut up and now he's getting all that noise turned back on him without ever really being celebrated by his country. 

Needs to shut up and take some time off. Come back and build towards AJ. He hasn't got the beating of Fury but he is still a huge problem for the majority of the division.  

Just lost our longest serving Champ I think. 

I think Eddie and Kal Yafai thought Chocolatito was a bit more past it. Thought he might have lost some fight and would make a good name on Yafai's list. 

Oops. Still hard as feck it turns out. Brutal little poo. 

Parker with an impressive KO but took loads of unnecessary punishment. Looked rusty or wasn't up for it considering the gap in ability. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Just lost our longest serving Champ I think. 

I think Eddie and Kal Yafai thought Chocolatito was a bit more past it. Thought he might have lost some fight and would make a good name on Yafai's list. 

Oops. Still hard as feck it turns out. Brutal little poo. 

Parker with an impressive KO but took loads of unnecessary punishment. Looked rusty or wasn't up for it considering the gap in ability. 

Chocolatito looked really good. Yafai couldn't live with him in that fight. Class. 

Garcia's chin is absolutely solid.

So Wilder HAS activated the rematch clause which also has an obligation for the fight to be in the US - Will take place before July.

AJ will fight Pulev at either Wembley or Spurs' stadium in summer.

Hopefully a Fury win and an AJ win for their fight to take place in December in the UK ? 

1 hour ago, Squid said:

So Wilder HAS activated the rematch clause which also has an obligation for the fight to be in the US - Will take place before July.

AJ will fight Pulev at either Wembley or Spurs' stadium in summer.

Hopefully a Fury win and an AJ win for their fight to take place in December in the UK ? 

Can't see it being in the UK to be honest, despite the numbers the fights in the states or Saudi just pay way more. Be a real shame if it isn't here but money talks.

Pulev will be a straight forward KO, stands up straight and just pushes a jab right hand clinch over and over. Easy for AJ to counter.

Pinch, clinch, punch, clinch, punch, clinch. It's a Pulev fight. 

If AJ covers himself in baby oil then this fight will last a minute. 

Do Pulev and Wilder know they're fecking things up here. 

Whyte is due to fight for the WBC early next year so are we going to get AJ v Fury at all now? 

I fancy Povetkin. That would be so cruel on Whyte.

I think if Whyte stayed patient then he could win. But he can't resist a scrap and Povetkin will happily have shootout. I like Whyte but I think he believes too much in his power. He'll get dragged into a punch up where I think Povetkin is as tough as Chisora and Rivas. Tougher than Parker. Punches harder than them all.

Hunter caused him problems with the pace but I'm not sure Whyte can replicate that. 

Nah, I think Povetkin will KO him sadly. Bad fight for Whyte to take in his position imo. 

Hide behind the jab and break the body should be his tactic but he'll let his temper and pride take over. 

Great fight

Big night for a Ram.

Zach Parker taking on Rohan Murdoch on the Quigg v Carroll undercard in Manchester. Parker getting more press, surprised it’s not been mentioned here yet. Hope the lad does well, wears the Ram proudly, more should get behind him.

He’s one of our own. Come on Zach.

3 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Big night for a Ram.

Zach Parker taking on Rohan Murdoch on the Quigg v Carroll undercard in Manchester. Parker getting more press, surprised it’s not been mentioned here yet. Hope the lad does well, wears the Ram proudly, more should get behind him.

He’s one of our own. Come on Zach.

Didn't he call out a big name the other day? I saw that somewhere I think. Never seen him fight so I'll defo tune in 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Didn't he call out a big name the other day? I saw that somewhere I think. Never seen him fight so I'll defo tune in 

Me neither mate but watched a few YouTube clips and last couple of fights he punches hard for sure.

Billy Joe Saunders potentially next.