Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Just now, Alpha said:

Do you reckon you'll make it to the fight? 5am is a loooooong way!! 

Hoping so. Went out, my 21st birthday is on Wednesday, so I came back to see my family. I'm going to hope I can keep drinking and surviving, unfortunately the undercard isn't brilliant! 

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Think I might have peaked too early. Schoolboy error. Will have to cheat I guess. 

As for the fight, so hard to call. Really worried that Wilder might get to Fury early which would be a massive anticlimax, but hopefully we'll get to see the fight we all want to see. I'd love to see Tyson spark old motormouth but I'd happily settle for points win. If Wilder wins, then I fear there'll be zero chance of a unification bout which would be a crap end to what's become a great story.

Once yet again I can't help but think Washington loses too easy. Got up like it was a flash knockdown but staggered away from the ref. 

Take some of the count or walk towards the ref. 

Maybe harsh but everytime I see Washington fight he's in good shape and then loses like a fighter that isn't desperate to win. 

Anyway, 

There's only oooooonnnnnneee Tyson Fury!! Time to shoot the bronze bomber down! 

At 5 am... 

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

That's been coming for a few rounds now. Fair play to Martin. Solid shot right on the money.

Yeah started to look more likely as the fight went on didn't it. Washington didn't punish him for them desperate left hooks and straights so no wonder Martin kept them coming. 

Is he better than when he fought AJ though? Hard to tell when Washington did so little. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Once yet again I can't help but think Washington loses too easy. Got up like it was a flash knockdown but staggered away from the ref. 

Take some of the count or walk towards the ref. 

Maybe harsh but everytime I see Washington fight he's in good shape and then loses like a fighter that isn't desperate to win. 

Anyway, 

There's only oooooonnnnnneee Tyson Fury!! Time to shoot the bronze bomber down! 

At 5 am... 

Thought the same. Looked half decent early on but just seemed to lose interest. Can't be switching off like that. Martin looks ok though.

Meanwhile, I'm on my 4th bowl of chilli FFS!