Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanRam

Boxing Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, Alpha said:

It smashes all boxing viewing figures out the park. 

I don't get it either. Rubbish

Apparently Billy Joe Saunders is fighting on the undercard for this too. Must be a bit humiliating for him. No surprise that Eddie Hearn managed to get himself involved though. I watched the first one, it wasn't great.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Andicis said:

Apparently Billy Joe Saunders is fighting on the undercard for this too. Must be a bit humiliating for him. No surprise that Eddie Hearn managed to get himself involved though. I watched the first one, it wasn't great.

I was a fan of Hearn when he was putting on great UK shows. Since he got dazn deal he's put on poo shows and talked them up with plain ********. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Alpha said:

I was a fan of Hearn when he was putting on great UK shows. Since he got dazn deal he's put on poo shows and talked them up with plain ********. 

Joshua Ruiz being in Saudi Arabia is pretty unforgivable, however Eddie wants to dress it up. 

Share this post


Link to post

See The Sun have started attacking Anthony Joshua. 

I'm sure they were up his arse when he was winning. Failing to report his racism incident but are now reporting that he "dismisses the death penalty for homosexuals" and that he invites Jay Z, Beyonce and Instagram models to watch him fight. 

Interestingly there was more dirt on him when he was being played as a hero and right now he's more pissed off than anytime since the Breazeale fight and has done barely anything extravagant. 

When he was exploring Islam and chilling in Dubai and the Caribbean then The Scum was telling us how humble he is

Now he's been quiet and only been interested in boxing then they've gone digging for info they can put in their headline mixer.

If I was him I'd smash Andy Ruiz and then refuse to give interviews or anything to all the media that's jumped on the hate bandwagon since he lost. If I was him I'd post the negative stuff back up on twitter with just the comment "lol"

I'm not sure if he will win but I'm desperate for him to. 

Share this post


Link to post

I've just seen the interview they got the headline from. 

Hilarious. 

He says anyone is welcome to his fights. But he's going to a country with laws that you have to abide by. He's not fighting for any cause except his own. He's not wearing a cape for any community. Just wants his belts back.

And they have the headline..

"Anthony  Joshua dismisses Saudi Arabia death penalty for homosexuals and said you can still watch his fight on TV"

Impressive. Do you have to be a Bamford to work for The Sun or just be really good at pretending to be one? Also, do you justify it at night by saying you're just doing your job? ūü§£

Share this post


Link to post
On 03/09/2019 at 18:01, Andicis said:

guess this counts as professional now?¬†ūüėā

bit late to the party on commenting on this, but its actually ridiculous, also putting Billy Joe Saunders on the UNDERCARD for this piece of poop.

All complaints aside £5 on KSI to win in the 3rd round is a shout.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Squid said:

bit late to the party on commenting on this, but its actually ridiculous, also putting Billy Joe Saunders on the UNDERCARD for this piece of poop.

All complaints aside £5 on KSI to win in the 3rd round is a shout.

Yeah, not sure how Billy Joe Saunders himself is okay with being on the undercard for YouTubers. 

I'm going to watch for the spectacle, but I do kind of hope KSI wins.

Share this post


Link to post

KSI v Logan Paul being a main boxing event supported by a top promoter and real serious fighters is a bit like Man City playing Liverpool but instead of the players it's 11 fans v 11 fans

It's undermining the sport. It's sport but it's serious sport and the athletes who have put in years of dedication and are actually the most skilled people in their trade should be the stars. 

But Eddie Hearn has been losing the plot and blindly chasing gold ever since DAZN got going. 

If he was in charge of football you'd have the PL play games abroad. 

"Its a global game and we are taking it to these poor Saudi Arabian kids that will never get to a PL game. It's for the kid$$$"

banker

Share this post


Link to post

Feel sad about Errol Spence Jnr. Brilliant fighter and if anyone saw him fight Porter last week then how can anyone say it isn't tragic. 

But you go blazing down the street like that and the only people you can really feel sorry for is those out there with him that are in danger. 

Good luck to him though. I'm guessing his fighting days are done.¬†ūüėě

Share this post


Link to post

Speaking of tragic, just came across this on the Beeb site. Patrick Day has passed away after suffering a brain injury in a fight against Charles Conwell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/50066825

This after Dadashev and Santillan passed died two days apart back in the summer. Hard to know what can be done really. I think a few years back there was a groundswell for more heavily padded gloves but I think some studies indicated this might exacerbate brain injuries rather than than reduce their likelihood. It's a tough old game, is boxing.

Thoughts go out to Conwell too. Horrible position to find yourself in. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Speaking of tragic, just came across this on the Beeb site. Patrick Day has passed away after suffering a brain injury in a fight against Charles Conwell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/50066825

This after Dadashev and Santillan passed died two days apart back in the summer. Hard to know what can be done really. I think a few years back there was a groundswell for more heavily padded gloves but I think some studies indicated this might exacerbate brain injuries rather than than reduce their likelihood. It's a tough old game, is boxing.

Thoughts go out to Conwell too. Horrible position to find yourself in. 

It's so sad what happened. I love the fighting but deaths make it not worth it to me. I know people fight certain categories for entertainment No one deserves such fighting, hope he is ok.

Share this post


Link to post

Thrilling night so far. 

Price doing what he always does. Fights like a small man. Like him a lot but if there's one person you don't fight small against it's Chisora. Chisora is a horrible opponent. Tough, shows no signs of hurt, huge overhand shots... he'll walk onto anything you ask him to but you have to take him walkies. Good fight. Price only ever good for 4 rounds. 

Burns and Selby was good fun. I had it 116-113 Selby. Really good scrap and all rounds but 1 that Burns dominated were close. Selby just busier. 

Okolie was crap to watch as always. Try Judo or something. Can't stand him

Benn isn't going to the top. 

Now Taylor v Prograis has everything needed to be a thriller.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.