Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd try and revive the thread for the upcoming DeGale v Eubank fight.

It should be a great fight. One has been on top but is on the way down and one has taken a couple of needed humblings but is still a raw talent. They should be kind of meeting in the middle. 

Seen people moaning that it's not PPV worthy but I'd disagree. It's not elite level but one of these guys is about to rule himself out of any big fights from anything between 2 years and ever.  It will finish DeGale and hammer Jnr back down to below world level.

DeGale is fecked. His nose ruined, his teeth rebuilt, his eyes are sunk, he slurs his words. But if he's even half the warrior and champion he was a few years ago then he wins this by 2 or 3 rounds imo. 

Can’t help but feel this is a massive mistake on AJs part.

Why would anyone chose to fight in the USA against an American fighter when you hold the belts ??‍♂️??‍♂️

I know some cynics will say it’s all about the ? and they may be right but hehas been poorly guided IMHO.

I believe he will have to knock this guy out to retain his belts otherwise a points decision will go in the Americans favour as it always does. 

Bravery or Stupidity ??‍♂️For me it is certainly the later ?

DDDD14A4-D896-40FC-9C04-C25D003AAD3B.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Needs must, I think is the reason.  Wilder is ducking the unification, and whilst the Fury/Wilder circus is the talk of the town, so much better for the pair.

Joshua is unknown in the USA, regardless of the fact he holds the most belts, he has no PPV appeal in the states, and that is what gets you attention.

Yes it is a massive risk, however I think Fury and Wilder are running scared, and if Joshua wins, and it will be a hard - like you said he needs a KO, I can see more ducking from Wilder, if Wilder beats Fury, if Fury wins, then Fury v Joshua will happen.

On 08/02/2019 at 09:58, Alpha said:

Thought I'd try and revive the thread for the upcoming DeGale v Eubank fight.

It should be a great fight. One has been on top but is on the way down and one has taken a couple of needed humblings but is still a raw talent. They should be kind of meeting in the middle. 

Seen people moaning that it's not PPV worthy but I'd disagree. It's not elite level but one of these guys is about to rule himself out of any big fights from anything between 2 years and ever.  It will finish DeGale and hammer Jnr back down to below world level.

DeGale is fecked. His nose ruined, his teeth rebuilt, his eyes are sunk, he slurs his words. But if he's even half the warrior and champion he was a few years ago then he wins this by 2 or 3 rounds imo. 

Degale was on radio a few weeks ago and fairly talked up his chances. 

Basically said he feels the in best shape in years and he's boxed at a much higher level than Eubank. 

On 14/02/2019 at 07:23, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Can’t help but feel this is a massive mistake on AJs part.

Why would anyone chose to fight in the USA against an American fighter when you hold the belts ??‍♂️??‍♂️

I know some cynics will say it’s all about the ? and they may be right but hehas been poorly guided IMHO.

I believe he will have to knock this guy out to retain his belts otherwise a points decision will go in the Americans favour as it always does. 

DDDD14A4-D896-40FC-9C04-C25D003AAD3B.jpeg

I've watched a couple of Miller fights and he's rubbish imo. I watched him against some part time fighter and he's lucky the bloke stayed still because he had too much speed for Miller. 

His game is walking people down. I think he's been matched well with fighters like Washington who are good names and good boxers that lack power to stop him walking forward. 

He's got a low guard too. I think AJ will batter him tbh

On 14/02/2019 at 21:08, CWC1983 said:

Degale was on radio a few weeks ago and fairly talked up his chances. 

Basically said he feels the in best shape in years and he's boxed at a much higher level than Eubank. 

He's certainly fought at higher levels. He's a proper super Middle too which I think Jnr might have overlooked. 

Too many wars though? And the Truax performance...  

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I've watched a couple of Miller fights and he's rubbish imo. I watched him against some part time fighter and he's lucky the bloke stayed still because he had too much speed for Miller. 

His game is walking people down. I think he's been matched well with fighters like Washington who are good names and good boxers that lack power to stop him walking forward. 

He's got a low guard too. I think AJ will batter him tbh

Hope so @Alpha

On 14/02/2019 at 10:12, McRamFan said:

Needs must, I think is the reason.  Wilder is ducking the unification, and whilst the Fury/Wilder circus is the talk of the town, so much better for the pair.

Joshua is unknown in the USA, regardless of the fact he holds the most belts, he has no PPV appeal in the states, and that is what gets you attention.

Yes it is a massive risk, however I think Fury and Wilder are running scared, and if Joshua wins, and it will be a hard - like you said he needs a KO, I can see more ducking from Wilder, if Wilder beats Fury, if Fury wins, then Fury v Joshua will happen.

I think Wilder is scared. Or rather his team are.

Fury and Whyte are just freezing him out. Tyson took his opponent and Whyte followed by example. Pressure mounts on AJ to get a top opponent and now they can get a better split from him

3 hours ago, David said:

Great news. Top 3 fighters all fighting out of different stables and with this move there is now rivalry between every stable. 

If these 3 fighters don't meet then this is exactly why people turn away from watching boxing.

Imagine United on exclusive to BT, City to Sky and Chelsea to ESPN. All platforms arguing who televises it. Then imagine all 3 clubs wanting the game played at their own stadium. 

They all could have fought each other once by now, be promoting rematches and making fortunes. Instead they are all protecting their precious "0"  

Edited by Alpha

30 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Great news. Top 3 fighters all fighting out of different stables and with this move there is now rivalry between every stable. 

If these 3 fighters don't meet then this is exactly why people turn away from watching boxing.

Imagine United on exclusive to BT, City to Sky and Chelsea to ESPN. All platforms arguing who televises it. Then imagine all 3 clubs wanting the game played at their own stadium. 

They all could have fought each other once by now, be promoting rematches and making fortunes. Instead they are all protecting their precious "0"  

It's not going to happen, is it? Wilder v Fury and Joshua v Whyte should be happening now. 

Instead Fury may have to fight someone poo in May, because negotiations with Wilder don't seem to be getting any closer.

Joshua v Miller in June is a joke. 

So frustrating. Fury is the only one who seemingly wants fights, but now he has tied himself into a contract with a network that the other 2 won't appear on. I don't blame him for taking that money, but for boxing, this is going to be bad. Would be surprised if any of them 3 meet in the next 2 years.

2 hours ago, Norman said:

It's not going to happen, is it? Wilder v Fury and Joshua v Whyte should be happening now. 

Instead Fury may have to fight someone poo in May, because negotiations with Wilder don't seem to be getting any closer.

Joshua v Miller in June is a joke. 

So frustrating. Fury is the only one who seemingly wants fights, but now he has tied himself into a contract with a network that the other 2 won't appear on. I don't blame him for taking that money, but for boxing, this is going to be bad. Would be surprised if any of them 3 meet in the next 2 years.

I'm guessing the fighters themselves are up for it. 

Hearn starts putting in offers to Fury when he's negotiating with Wilder and calls him out for not wanting it

Warren is soooo bitter and nasty about Hearn that there's no way he'd go to them and obviously tried to freeze them out

Al Haymon and Finkel seem to genuinely only want the AJ fight if they control absolutely everything. They don't appear to have any faith in Wilder winning that fight.

And now Tyson has joined Bob Arum who has fell out with Wilder's lot. He's also took Frank Warren with him who hates Hearn. Hearn also has his American tv venture to try and hold it's own against Showtime and ESPN. 

Wilder v Fury II is the very best we can hope for. It's embarrassing.

14 hours ago, Norman said:

Really poor. 

Billy joe vs Eubank 2?

Nah, that won't get done ever either ?

Nope. Neither will Canelo vs Jnr/ Saunders. 

In fact Saunders has been the biggest con for years. Good fighter but a knob who's biggest wins are Andy Lee and Lemiuex. Oh and 6 rounds vs Jnr years ago. 

They'll probably fight GGG soon because age has slowed him down a touch. But they'll give that another year. 

Boxing is annoying as feck

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

JDG been on the downslope a while IMO. Feel for him a little, but hopefully he's set up after what has been a stellar career.

Eubank still no elite fighter for me. He thinks he's joined the top table now but I think he's still sat beneath it picking up the crumbs. Time will tell I guess.

He should be a really popular fighter. His style is brilliant and for him to be not loved tells you all you need to know about the way him and the sheriff go about their business. 

Everyone Jnr fights instantly gains fans.