Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Is Fury up for this lol. 

Looks healthier than ever in the face. Sounds excited and the usual sideshow daft behaviour to make everyone think he's a clown coming for a beating. 

You know Fury, he loves to change the mentality of his opponent and he started on Joshua about 2 years ago!! 

He's got Wilder wasting so much energy. Watch IFL on YouTube to see Wilder's crazy behaviour.

There's no secret to what Wilder brings. With Fury you just never know. He rocked Wlad, punished Chisora badly, got put on his arse by Cunningham, he's punched himself, retired, outboxed a legend and looked terrible against 2 nobodies. He fights in both stances and rarely plants his feet.

It's a 'must see' surely? 

Edited by Alpha

21 hours ago, Alpha said:

Wilder is a guy that owns a bazooka, a gold desert eagle and wants a body on his record. He fights for the black race, he's a King and a soldier who's put on this earth to punish people for their sins. 

Hopefully Tyson can put his jaw out of action for a bit because the guy is a complete dick head. 

I find his act quite tiresome now. Him and his team are very very boring but loud. I want him to lose his title, his money fight v AJ and whatever small support he has in America. 

I mean Tyson talks poo but he's got layers and there's a good bloke in there.

Wilder talks poo. Like full time. With any decency becoming deeper with every ego boosting win against the easiest opponents he can get away with. Knobber

Has Tyson got the power to make Wilder take a backwards step? Im not sure he has, but here's hoping. 

I dont think he will be able to duck and dive like he did v Klitchko. 

Im hoping he can tire Wilder so he can take him out in the later rounds. Im dreading him getting caught flush though. 

One thing about Tyson, he's backed up everything he's said in his career so far. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Looks healthier than ever in the face. Sounds excited and the usual sideshow daft behaviour to make everyone think he's a clown coming for a beating. 

You know Fury, he loves to change the mentality of his opponent and he started on Joshua about 2 years ago!! 

He's got Wilder wasting so much energy. Watch IFL on YouTube to see Wilder's crazy behaviour.

There's no secret to what Wilder brings. With Fury you just never know. He rocked Wlad, punished Chisora badly, got put on his arse by Cunningham, he's punched himself, retired, outboxed a legend and looked terrible against 2 nobodies. He fights in both stances and rarely plants his feet.

It's a 'must see' surely? 

Thanks for the IFL on you tube information 

8 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Has Tyson got the power to make Wilder take a backwards step? Im not sure he has, but here's hoping. 

I dont think he will be able to duck and dive like he did v Klitchko. 

Im hoping he can tire Wilder so he can take him out in the later rounds. Im dreading him getting caught flush though. 

One thing about Tyson, he's backed up everything he's said in his career so far. 

He rarely plants his feet and swings so who knows. He does have sharp punches though. Watch the Wlad fight and when Wlad pushes him at the end Fury does rock him. He beat up Chisora and Hammer. In fact he has beat up quite a few of his opponents. He must hit as heavy as you can get but take. He lands some great little shots from nowhere too. 

Thing about Wilder is so far he's always punished opponents for errors. Ortiz had him in real trouble but ran out of steam. Even Molina rocked him. 

How can this not be essential viewing to a boxing fan. It's kind of been labelled a little LA sideshow and the winner gets fed to AJ. But it's a proper good heavyweight clash. Might disappoint the more casual crowd as the fireworks will probably come reluctantly but will end the fight. Good 50/50 though

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Thanks for the IFL on you tube information 

It's a great channel. The best imo. There's a few decent American ones but I think Kugan Cassius and James Helder have built up really good relationships with the UK scene. 

But see what you think about Wilder. He looks like he's lost it to me. He's just got too excited and believes his own hype

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's a great channel. The best imo. There's a few decent American ones but I think Kugan Cassius and James Helder have built up really good relationships with the UK scene. 

But see what you think about Wilder. He looks like he's lost it to me. He's just got too excited and believes his own hype

Nearly poked Fury in the eye.  

Hard to judge the body language 

On 28/11/2018 at 23:33, Alpha said:

Wilder is a guy that owns a bazooka, a gold desert eagle and wants a body on his record. He fights for the black race, he's a King and a soldier who's put on this earth to punish people for their sins. 

Hopefully Tyson can put his jaw out of action for a bit because the guy is a complete dick head. 

I find his act quite tiresome now. Him and his team are very very boring but loud. I want him to lose his title, his money fight v AJ and whatever small support he has in America. 

I mean Tyson talks poo but he's got layers and there's a good bloke in there.

Wilder talks poo. Like full time. With any decency becoming deeper with every ego boosting win against the easiest opponents he can get away with. Knobber

Think most neutrals will want a win for Tyson too. Wilder has some kind of weird anti-charisma thing going on where it's impossible to find anything likeable about him at all. He has a puncher's chance I suppose but I'd hope Fury has done the gym-work and can go the 12. WIlder may land a big shot and kill the fight but given Tyson outboxed and outpointed Klitschko, he's surely value to do the same to WIlder. For me, the entire fight hinges on Fury's fitness. 

4 hours ago, 86 points said:

For me, the entire fight hinges on Fury's fitness. 

For me it's on Fury's 'ring rust'. When he boxes well he has amazing ring awareness and technical skills that get overlooked by almost everyone but it's been a long, long road since he's been asked to do that at the highest level. He does such a good job of having people think he's just another out of the Jack Bodell, John Gardiner, Gerry Cooney camp of big white lumps but if he can be at his best from a technical perspective he's good enough to win. Wilder has shown he is limited technically and does wobble, had Ortiz hit him 30 seconds earlier in that seventh round then this fight wouldn't be happening.

The big difference between this and the Wlad fight is that Wlad fought not to lose in front on a notoriously biased German promotion, so even a dull jab fest normally saw him though.  Here Wilder wants to takes Fury's head off and he might get made to look a little silly early on, but he will catch him as Fury slows down in the mid to late rounds and I think it's all over at that point.  As gangly and wild as Wilder is, once he has someone hurt its game over. The punches from he knees might be telegraphed, but when you're semi unconscious it doesn't matter a jot!

Surprise, surprise a fight in America between an American and a foreign fighter, in which the Yank is clearly beaten ends in a tie!

This is why AJ cannot fight DW in the States, he will be cheated out of his titles by a dodgy interfering Ref ensuring he can’t  put their man down or if it does go the distance he will be denied by a wrong points decision. 

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius