Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

8 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Anyone watch Ch5 coverage of Hunter v Bakole tonight? 

Really good scrap which went against the "next big thing" in UK heavyweights. 

I saw the undercard but missed the main fight. 

Lewis Ritson lost last night. Went against the script. 

10 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Anyone watch Ch5 coverage of Hunter v Bakole tonight? 

Really good scrap which went against the "next big thing" in UK heavyweights. 

Bakole made Bruno look like Naz. If that is the future for UK boxing then let's enjoy it while we can.

Anyone seen the ‘round the table’ between Wilder and Tyson Fury?

Tyson tries his best to get in his head, I felt Wilder looked calm.

Any boxer is a different person inside the ring to one outside the ring. You have to be, as you’re purposely trying to hurt your opponent.

I don’t understand why people are assuming Wilder is some devil worshiper who sold his soul for stating the obvious how he is a different person in the ring... All boxer are. 

57 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Anyone seen the ‘round the table’ between Wilder and Tyson Fury?

Tyson tries his best to get in his head, I felt Wilder looked calm.

Any boxer is a different person inside the ring to one outside the ring. You have to be, as you’re purposely trying to hurt your opponent.

I don’t understand why people are assuming Wilder is some devil worshiper who sold his soul for stating the obvious how he is a different person in the ring... All boxer are. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/45856979

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 07:52, Alpha said:

I just think Wilder talks poo all the time. Don't dislike the guy but his promotional team (Finkel) are proper twits. 

All they, and Frank Warren, have done is use AJ's name to build this fight. Embarrassing.  

Agreed, they messed Matchroom around for ages and still continue to. Wilder changes his demands every week. They still haven't sold all the seats for Wilder vs Fury or even announced an undercard.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Agreed, they messed Matchroom around for ages and still continue to. Wilder changes his demands every week. They still haven't sold all the seats for Wilder vs Fury or even announced an undercard.

If Wilder loses I hope AJ refuses to fight him. Then he's lost his belt, his precious '0' and a double figure millions payday. 

All his talk about "1 Champion" and he's avoided the other belts for 40 fights. 40 fights and 1 title shot. 

Edited by Alpha

17 hours ago, Alpha said:

If Wilder loses I hope AJ refuses to fight him. Then he's lost his belt, his precious '0' and a double figure millions payday. 

All his talk about "1 Champion" and he's avoided the other belts for 40 fights. 40 fights and 1 title shot. 

Just look at who the WBC put in for the vacant WBC title, the supposed most coveted belt: Stiverne vs Arreola. Wilder's fundamentals are terrible but he still won a decision vs Stiverne, say no more. The guy is all about the payday. Be amazing if AJ became undisputed, hope he destroys the winner of Wilder - Fury.

WBSS tonight, anyone following?

Donaire dropped back down in weight, be interesting to see how he gets on. Carries good power for that weight but Burnett has that classic Booth right hand cocked style. Got to say I don't know loads about Martin but hopefully Taylor can do a job on him.

10 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Donaire dropped back down in weight, be interesting to see how he gets on. Carries good power for that weight but Burnett has that classic Booth right hand cocked style. Got to say I don't know loads about Martin but hopefully Taylor can do a job on him.

Yep. Our boy Zak Parker fighting for the British super middleweight title, two unbeaten fighters. Ram on his shorts, hopefully he can top off a good day 

Derby boys are chanting ring side! 

DCFC Fan Zach Parker is the British Super Middleweight champion! 

Honestly, not quite sure how. He injured his left hand/shoulder early and had to switch southpaw, and I had Williams winning 8 of the rounds. He worked the jab well but no way did he win that. 

Parker and his promoter in absolute shock as it was announced he won via split decision 

Edited by SuperDerbySuperRams

12 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Josh Taylor on now. Big test for him. Must admit, the venue looks weird. 

12 hours ago, 86 points said:

I lasted about 20 seconds then had to stop watching. The biggest fight ever, never been a fight like this, yadda,yadda, yadda. C'mon Tyson mate, it's fookin embarrassing the shizlle you're spouting.

It's not projecting big numbers and they cant sell all the tickets, more convincing themselves at this point.

14 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

DCFC Fan Zach Parker is the British Super Middleweight champion! 

Honestly, not quite sure how. He injured his left hand/shoulder early and had to switch southpaw, and I had Williams winning 8 of the rounds. He worked the jab well but no way did he win that. 

Parker and his promoter in absolute shock as it was announced he won via split decision 

As happy as I am for Zach that had Sauerland fix written all over it.

I have to say I'm gutted for Burnett, what a poo way to lose your unbeaten record and a world title. He was looking so sharp as well, think he would have stopped Donaire second half of that fight. Burnett vs Inoue was the fight I wanted to see so bad, such a shame. Tete has been bang average last 2 fights, really boring.

Taylor was class as usual, Martin got complete stage freight and looked bemused at a guy that finally fought back. I was looking at his record and he hadn't fought anyone near Taylor's class, miles out of his depth. He complained at the back of the head shot then when the ref stopped it but he looked happy it was over. Strange one.

20 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I have to say I'm gutted for Burnett, what a poo way to lose your unbeaten record and a world title. He was looking so sharp as well, think he would have stopped Donaire second half of that fight. Burnett vs Inoue was the fight I wanted to see so bad, such a shame. Tete has been bang average last 2 fights, really boring.

Taylor was class as usual, Martin got complete stage freight and looked bemused at a guy that finally fought back. I was looking at his record and he hadn't fought anyone near Taylor's class, miles out of his depth. He complained at the back of the head shot then when the ref stopped it but he looked happy it was over. Strange one.

Taylor looked at a world level, really impressive