Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

45 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Easy win for Canelo. Smith never got in the fight. 

Canelo won't lose to anybody for a few years. He can pick and choose his fights now and of the weights he operates in there's nobody that can beat him. GGG the biggest threat but he had 24 rounds to KO Canelo. He's a legend in his prime. Anyone seen him look hurt or wobbled? 

Can't get past his druig cheat history though. Devalues his achivements. IMO.

4 hours ago, Needlesh said:

It definitely will haunt his legacy. 

He's such a complete fighter I don't know why he would need any of that Mexican contaminated meat. 

I always think Smith can do more. Every fight I see him in I think he's kind of lazy. 

On 20/12/2020 at 12:32, Needlesh said:

Fighters tend to get away with it these days if they can inject doubt in to the results, look at Fury with the high testosterone levels and nandrolone. He just threatened to sue UKAD out of existence then they gave him a quiet ban that was back dated, pulled out of the second Wlad fight with an "ankle injury".

Hope I'm wrong, but can't see anything other than a Fury KO in the later rounds, one of Fury's biggest attributes is

avoiding getting hit, and keeping his opponent on the backfoot. So, AJs best chance is in the first 3/4, before Fury gets

his double jabs going ?Tim Allen Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

Garcia v Luke Campbell was a good fight last night. 

Campbell dropped him in the 2nd but didn't really go for him and let Garcia recover. 

Brutal body shot that forced Campbell to retire in the 7th. 

The experts rate Garcia as the future of boxing. 

2 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Garcia v Luke Campbell was a good fight last night. 

Campbell dropped him in the 2nd but didn't really go for him and let Garcia recover. 

Brutal body shot that forced Campbell to retire in the 7th. 

The experts rate Garcia as the future of boxing. 

Looks a talent. Was interested to see he'd respond to pressure but he came through quite convincingly in the end. Feel for Campbell though. It was there for him, if only briefly. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Anyone see the Zelfa Barrett fight? Dodgy dodgy

I saw rounds 6 to 10 but wasn't really paying much attention to it. 

I'm relatively new to the sky boxing coverage and Johnny Nelson is excellent. Adam Booth was good last night as well. 

21 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

I saw rounds 6 to 10 but wasn't really paying much attention to it. 

I'm relatively new to the sky boxing coverage and Johnny Nelson is excellent. Adam Booth was good last night as well. 

They managed to give him a comfortable victory when if any comfortable victory it would have been the other way.

It was a close fight but there's no way Barrett edged so many rounds. The scores were wide 

Anyone bothering with the Kelly v Avanesyan stream tonight? Steve Bunce waxing lyrical on the Beeb site about the match-up but struggling to get that excited myself. Thought his fight with Campos was dull as ditch water to be honest. Yet to see what all the fuss is about really.

On 19/02/2021 at 18:51, 86 Hair Islands said:

Anyone bothering with the Kelly v Avanesyan stream tonight? Steve Bunce waxing lyrical on the Beeb site about the match-up but struggling to get that excited myself. Thought his fight with Campos was dull as ditch water to be honest. Yet to see what all the fuss is about really.

5 rounds in and its a really good fight. 

All Kelly in the first 4 rounds but he was tested in the 5th.