Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

38 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I really think he's a bit vulnerable. He's 6ft 7 and under 16st? Wobbled numerous times. I really think Tyson could knock him out of he has tweaked his approach to fire off some power shots. 

Might just be wishful thinking though. I thought Ortiz would do him the first time. I thought Washington might take him the distance too (I swear Washington went out too easily)

Be gutted if Wilder wins

It's good that Fury has looked to add some power to his game, he will need to keep Wilder away from him somehow. If he tries to trade any point though that is an exchange he will not win. It only takes one to get through from Wilder and the fight is potentially done. Fury has proven he can get himself off the mat, but if that happens in round four as opposed to the end of the fight then Fury is in serious trouble.

43 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I really think he's a bit vulnerable. He's 6ft 7 and under 16st? Wobbled numerous times. I really think Tyson could knock him out of he has tweaked his approach to fire off some power shots. 

Might just be wishful thinking though. I thought Ortiz would do him the first time. I thought Washington might take him the distance too (I swear Washington went out too easily)

Be gutted if Wilder wins

The point for me here is that there is only one way Wilder can win this fight but there are many ways Fury can. But Wilder only needs to get through once, cleanly, and Fury will have questions asked. That will happen, no way Fury can keep him out all night, but it's just a question of whether he takes that hit spark on the chin or its less than a clean shot. Fury has some logic in his 'up and at 'em' approach, Wilder wins by clubbing from distance and even the Ortiz II knockout shows he is most powerful when given distance to extend. If Fury can keep inside range and box clever he's got a chance, strangely he's most likely to get tagged keeping at distance.

It's going to be a really tense affair, I have a horrible feeling Fury will spoil his way to a win and Wilder is always only one big swing away from sealing.

So Saturdays big rematch in Vegas...

1 British fighter vs 1 USA fighter, 1 USA Referee and 3 USA ringside judges. 

Sorry Tyson but we all now know how this is going to pan out. 
I love boxing but this is rigged from the start! I’m a big believer that the Referee and judges should all be from non affiliated countries of the 2 Boxers in the ring. 

Tysons gonna get scammed again if he doesn’t knock Wilder out! ???

38 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

So Saturdays big rematch in Vegas...

1 British fighter vs 1 USA fighter, 1 USA Referee and 3 USA ringside judges. 

Sorry Tyson but we all now know how this is going to pan out. 
I love boxing but this is rigged from the start! I’m a big believer that the Referee and judges should all be from non affiliated countries of the 2 Boxers in the ring. 

Tysons gonna get scammed again if he doesn’t knock Wilder out! ???

They usually do 2 neutral judges. I guess neutrality in this is the USA states? 

If he does win convincingly on points then they might give him the W because Wilder has a rematch clause I think. They both do I think. 

But they are so determined to keep a heavyweight belt in the USA. 

They said Dillian Whyte can have his title shot in 2021 (last I heard it was 800 days as mandatory so far). Then they're talking about elevating Wilder to Franchise Champion so then that WBC title is the only title Whyte would be mandatory for. 

There's no shame in boxing sometimes is there. It's the only sport where you can get blatant in your face shameless corruption and everyone just takes it as it is.

On 18/02/2020 at 13:11, Squid said:

I used to dislike Tyson, over the past year or so I've grown to love him, his book is really interesting too.

I wouldn't go as far as that, but I begrudgingly respect him for the difficulties he's overcome the past few years.  And I hope he puts Wilder on his arse, as I think Wilder could do with taking down a peg or two...

Too soon???

17 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I wouldn't go as far as that, but I begrudgingly respect him for the difficulties he's overcome the past few years.  And I hope he puts Wilder on his arse, as I think Wilder could do with taking down a peg or two...

Too soon???

you'll feature on Katie Hopkins twitter account soon aswell!

Wilder at 16st 7. Big weight for Wilder. 

Can't figure it out tbh. Why so much heavier? 

I would have thought Fury being heavier would be to really impose his size so maybe Wilder has tried to counter that? Maybe they both felt Fury had too much strength in the clinch? 

I suspect Tyson wants to get nice and close in his typically cautious style. Smother Wilder's shots and deny him the range fighting that is his clear strength

One thing that makes Wilder more than just a puncher though is he has that wide stance. Almost an attempt at that Klitschko stance. So I hope and expect Fury to not close the gap recklessly and lean over Wilder's foot. 

Can't wait! 

Edited by Alpha

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

Wilder at 16st 7. Big weight for Wilder. 

Can't figure it out tbh. Why so much heavier? 

I would have thought Fury being heavier would be to really impose his size so maybe Wilder has tried to counter that? Maybe they both felt Fury had too much strength in the clinch? 

I suspect Tyson wants to get nice and close in his typically cautious style. Smother Wilder's shots and deny him the range fighting that is his clear strength

One thing that makes Wilder more than just a puncher though is he has that wide stance. Almost an attempt at that Klitschko stance. So I hope and expect Fury to not close the gap recklessly and lean over Wilder's foot. 

Can't wait! 

I really hope Im wrong but I think Wilder will ko him. 

Theres something different with Tyson this time. His wind ups dont seem to be working with Wilder and he looks a touch frustrated. 

I'm hoping Im reading it incorrectly and he's just being more business like. 

He's always backed up his words with performances but it maybe a step too far this time. 

5 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

I really hope Im wrong but I think Wilder will ko him. 

Theres something different with Tyson this time. His wind ups dont seem to be working with Wilder and he looks a touch frustrated. 

I'm hoping Im reading it incorrectly and he's just being more business like. 

He's always backed up his words with performances but it maybe a step too far this time. 

I'm trying to ignore the likelihood that Wilder has to do far less than Fury to win. 

I wonder what impact the last fight on them. Is Fury haunted by getting blasted to the canvas even while putting on his best boxing show?

Is Wilder feeling like Fury can take his power or concerned he will get outclassed? 

It's hard to say who gained the most from the last fight. We all say Fury won but after the knockdowns would you fancy jumping in again? 

On 18/02/2020 at 12:44, Alpha said:

Be gutted if Wilder wins

This is one Ortiz that didn't do very well.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I'm trying to ignore the likelihood that Wilder has to do far less than Fury to win. 

I wonder what impact the last fight on them. Is Fury haunted by getting blasted to the canvas even while putting on his best boxing show?

Is Wilder feeling like Fury can take his power or concerned he will get outclassed? 

It's hard to say who gained the most from the last fight. We all say Fury won but after the knockdowns would you fancy jumping in again? 

Since the last fight theres been the WWE, TV documentary's and numerous media events. I hope its not taken the edge out of Fury. 

There was talk yesterday about Fury's potential for a stoppage by cuts. Rumours that he's had problems since his last fight . 

On 18/02/2020 at 13:11, Squid said:

I used to dislike Tyson, over the past year or so I've grown to love him, his book is really interesting too.

First time round (pre ban-was it?? - this is as not a real boxing fan but will get on the bandwagon for notable matches) and problems I didn't have much interest, but i listened to him talking to joe rogan about his problems and comeback prior to the first fight with wilder and the journey he's been on to come back has made me have a lot of respect for him.

4 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Since the last fight theres been the WWE, TV documentary's and numerous media events. I hope its not taken the edge out of Fury. 

There was talk yesterday about Fury's potential for a stoppage by cuts. Rumours that he's had problems since his last fight . 

His eyebrows isn't it? One was opened up by Wallin. They're a bit "puffy".