Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Referee bottled it for me, warned Riakphore on multiple occasions and didn’t take any points off, not to mention to “knockdown” via the forearm! 

Exactly, Hearns men always win, money talks, but on your previous question he’s not a Ram, don’t think he’s really into football 

Riakphore has been getting big exposure in the last 6 months. 

It's like Dubois on BT. He fought Richard Lartey and was struggling. He was in a complete shootout and looks vulnerable. But they couldn't wait to stop Lartey. 

Callum Smith the other week. 

I was surprised Fitzgerald was given a win over Anthony Fowler. 

It's crap when they are looking to give a fighter a win. You know they're setting them up for a fall. 

Look at Anthony Yarde. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2019 at 17:24, Andicis said:
It's on, then. Come on Tyson, bring the belt back to the UK.

Can't wait. Such an intriguing match up, weirdly even more so after the first fight. If Tyson can avoid getting tagged then for me he wins comfortably but Wilder's always going to have a puncher's shot. I don't like the guy but I have to respect his power. We could see Tyson holding all the belts this year and when you think about his time in the wilderness, that would be as remarkable an achievement as any I've ever seen in the division. Legendary status awaits if he manages it. 

5 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Can't wait. Such an intriguing match up, weirdly even more so after the first fight. If Tyson can avoid getting tagged then for me he wins comfortably but Wilder's always going to have a puncher's shot. I don't like the guy but I have to respect his power. We could see Tyson holding all the belts this year and when you think about his time in the wilderness, that would be as remarkable an achievement as any I've ever seen in the division. Legendary status awaits if he manages it. 

Agreed with your summary of it. I think Fury is the much better boxer, but you can never rule Wilder out just because of the man's sheer power. I thought Fury won last time, so would love to see him out box him for 12 rounds again and win the belt. He deserves it. So excited for this fight though, with all the politics around boxing today we rarely get to see the best up against each other so it's something to get excited for every time it's possible.

Think Fury should back himself to KO Wilder. Be selective when he plants his feet but don't try and share a ring with Wilder for 12 rounds

Spending over half hour in that ring with a guy that just needs to land one punch to win while you have to be perfect? 

Don't do it. Not when Wilder has been wobbled multiple times by guys with a lot less ability than Tyson. He's a one trick pony. 

Be a nervous wreck watching this fight. But if Tyson goes in with a plan to stop Wilder I think he can. 

But knowing Fury he likes to box and will back himself to win a 100 rounds in a row. 

I just want someone to beat Wilder. He has hidden away in his little comfort zone for too long. Whilst everyone else with a belt/belts gets forced in to fighting mandatories he has been allowed to duck and dive his way to the record he has without fighting as many top ten contenders as the rest of the top level guys in the division.

I respect the power but I want to see Fury give him an absolute lesson over twelve rounds and clean sweep him on the cards.

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I just want someone to beat Wilder. He has hidden away in his little comfort zone for too long. Whilst everyone else with a belt/belts gets forced in to fighting mandatories he has been allowed to duck and dive his way to the record he has without fighting as many top ten contenders as the rest of the top level guys in the division.

I respect the power but I want to see Fury give him an absolute lesson over twelve rounds and clean sweep him on the cards.

How Wilder hasn't had to face Dillian Whyte is hilariously embarrassing for the WBC. Yet just like FIFA they seem to be too far up their own backside to care what fans think. 

I don't even think Whyte would win but how that man hasn't ever fought for a world title while Andy Ruiz, Breazeale, Stiverne and even Tyson Fury have fought in 2+ world title fights is outrageous. 

He has more than earned a shot. 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Not sure it’s that interesting to people in Sheffield.

Terri Harper put the rest of that bill to shame.

If you can watch the Dave Allen fight from earlier that night.

Isn't it being investigated? 

I do quite like Dave Allen. I'll have a look. This is the fight he should have had instead of learning to swim by getting dumped in the ocean and trying to find the shore. 

He should target the British title now. Ignore higher levels. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I do quite like Dave Allen. I'll have a look. This is the fight he should have had instead of learning to swim by getting dumped in the ocean and trying to find the shore. 

He should target the British title now. Ignore higher levels. 

Watching it live Allen seemed to do very little first 2 rounds then go up 4 gears in the third, at the end of R2 he shouts out to someone outside of the ring. Darch was talking as Allen was landing the final blows, couple that with the suspect betting action... It could all be coincidence of course but it doesn't look good.

19 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It wouldn’t surprise me when we watched it we thought the first 2 rounds were some sort of a joke,they were way too obvious to be a fix?

I see a lot of the Sheffield based boxers at work quite a bit,I’ll not comment on them.

Joshua has a flat down the road and trains local,he’s a a great guy,humble and friendly.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Ready for Saturday night/Sunday morning!!! 

Gonna be tense for every second it lasts. Tyson needs to plant his feet for once! 12 rounds of boxing will be tough for the ticker. 

I've got such a bad feeling that Wilder's power is going to catch Fury this time. Going 24 rounds without letting Wilder knock you out would be some achievement. Much better for the division if Tyson wins, then we actually have a chance of a unification fight, which Wilder will hide away from again.

28 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I've got such a bad feeling that Wilder's power is going to catch Fury this time. Going 24 rounds without letting Wilder knock you out would be some achievement. Much better for the division if Tyson wins, then we actually have a chance of a unification fight, which Wilder will hide away from again.

If Tyson wins... ah man. All the heavyweight belts in Britain for the biggest fight ever!!

28 minutes ago, Squid said:

Wilder is going to go for the early knock down, tire him out quick.

You saw how tired Wilder in the final round or two last time, he's not going to let it get to that again.

Would love Fury to win though!!!

I really think he's a bit vulnerable. He's 6ft 7 and under 16st? Wobbled numerous times. I really think Tyson could knock him out of he has tweaked his approach to fire off some power shots. 

Might just be wishful thinking though. I thought Ortiz would do him the first time. I thought Washington might take him the distance too (I swear Washington went out too easily)

Be gutted if Wilder wins