Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Get in!!!!! 

Anthony Fowler just got dropped and beat. I doubt it will dent his arrogance but we can live in hope. Total rooster. 

Amazing fight. 

And Price v Ali.... DQ for biting, trouble after the fight. Kash Ali seems like a **** ***. Although Price did seem to bite first in the build up but he's a nice bloke so got away with being the good guy. 

Rooting for Eggington vs Smith but I think it will be Smith. 

What else we had recently? Oh yeah, the Frank Warren shows. Yarde, Dubois, Gorman, Billy Joe vs Binman Dave, Plumber Phil and Janitor Mark. Yarde is another complete tool! 

But Anthony Fowler has made my night!!! Bravo Fitzy! Bravo!!!

On 28/02/2019 at 15:11, Chester40 said:

Carl Froch on Talksport asked for his 'tribute' to James De Gale .. " yehhhh, he's been..a decent pro....".

Damning by faint praise at its very best. 

Another knobber. Always pouting and posing, talking about himself when it's not relevant. 

Give Andre Ward a call. Give Carl his medicine 

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the Loma Vs Crolla fight again. Confirmed my initial reaction that Jack Reiss should never ref another fight in his life. Absolute plum. Should have stopped in in the 3rd and then starts a count when Crolla gets face-planted in the 4th. Shocking stuff really at a time where fighters' welfare should be absolutely key. Disappointing to hear Hearn suggest otherwise post-fight.

As for the fight, props to Crolla for giving it a go, but Loma is a force of nature and he seemed to work out Crolla pretty quickly. I kind of hope that Crolla walks away now, hopefully with a decent few quid tucked away. He seems a nice and honest lad who has made the most of his ability. I really hope he's not tempted to hang around longer than he need do. 

On 28/02/2019 at 18:49, McLovin said:

He accused AJ of juicing (testosterone boosters) in the first head to head which was incidentally muted by sky. What I will say is that if Aj is doing it then they all will be at it. Not that it would be a bad thing though because it makes for more interesting viewing for spectators. Although miller was suspended for taking a banned substance before for 9 months so it is most likely sour grapes. I must admit I prefer this Aj instead of the groomed PC version, which isn’t his real persona

It’s happened again, it’s happened again

laugh laughing GIF

Edited by McLovin

Lomachenko is something else. He really is. Although oddly he does sometimes get caught off balance. Linares dropped him with one and Crolla clipped him but he managed to sort his feet out. But a truly incredible fighter. Wonderful to watch. So many great fights for him and nobody would bet against him. What's great is he's not protecting his record or "building" or looking to tick over. He's been injured a lot lately and he doesn't look for an easy fight to test his shoulder. He dropped straight into a unification fight where he couldn't even hook. Then he does his mandatory and now he's after Garcia again. 3 weight champion, unified champion and all in what? 12 fights? 

Miller remains a complete knob but will be a knob missing out on $7m. Ouch! With his low guard and endurance boosters he'd probably have got himself in a wheelchair anyway. Scumbag.

Great win for Allen but he takes too much punishment. Great punch though. But he's gonna end up a mess too thanks to his solid chin and zero defence. Takes shots like a beast but it's not good for you is it?

Khan... lol. Khan doesn't care about what people say about him. He doesn't care about legacy. He cares about money and it was a successful night for him. I don't want to see him fight Brook. I don't want to see Brook v Crawford. I think Khan v Brook could happen in my garden and I'd close the curtains. Best days behind them both. 

I don't get the love for Crawford. He's not likeable and I find him quite boring. He's a great fighter but I don't think he's entertaining. He wins exchanges. If you push, he punishes. If you have gaps then he'll come through. If you play safe then he'll win the rounds. Gets results but it's not the predator vs prey approach of the other P4P top dogs. Hope he fights Spence. Spence will break him. 

What else? Wilder is a punk. Yarde is a bully, Warrington has got a massive ego, Fury is confusing, Chisora is still a gatekeeper, Fowler is still beaten (lol), Price can only do 6 rounds, Loma and Canelo still run the game, Badou Jack needs a big win, Broner too busy pretending he's Mayweather, Billy Joe steals oxygen and Eddie Hearn is taking our best fights to America. 

10 hours ago, Needless said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Doping_cases_in_boxing

If this was in football, I'd stop watching. What's the point watching a bent sport? Always has been, but I'm pretty much out these days.

I doubt its exclusive to boxing. The top boxers are tested but it's the lower levels where you can get away with it easier. I imagine it's the same in any sport. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I doubt its exclusive to boxing. The top boxers are tested but it's the lower levels where you can get away with it easier. I imagine it's the same in any sport. 

Agree it's across a number of sports. Cycling and track and field athletics have been utterly ruined by it too.

Top level fighters are getting caught, and they're getting short bans in a sport whether the elite may only fight a couple of times a year anyway. Canelo? Tyson Fury? 

1 hour ago, Needless said:

Agree it's across a number of sports. Cycling and track and field athletics have been utterly ruined by it too.

Top level fighters are getting caught, and they're getting short bans in a sport whether the elite may only fight a couple of times a year anyway. Canelo? Tyson Fury? 

Yeah it's bad. I just saw Kash Ali has a 6 month ban for biting Price 4 times. 6 months.... that's skipping 1 fight then for him. 

Be interested to see what Miller gets. It will probably be 2 years. 

Wasn't Tyson done on more recreational drugs? The magic sugar? 

19 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah it's bad. I just saw Kash Ali has a 6 month ban for biting Price 4 times. 6 months.... that's skipping 1 fight then for him. 

Be interested to see what Miller gets. It will probably be 2 years. 

Wasn't Tyson done on more recreational drugs? The magic sugar? 

I think you're right on reflection. Didn't he get off a nandrolone charge by claiming he'd eaten wild boar or something though? Yeaaaaahh Riiiiight.

Thing is I like watching Fury box. Takes the shine off though.

Edited by Needless

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Man's a fool and a stain on the sport. Needs a beating off Joshua and to then crawl back whence he came. Wanting to kill a fellow athlete is just plain disgusting IMO.

He's certainly crossed the line. I enjoyed watching him get schooled by Fury, even if somehow the judges didn't see it, the sooner he drifts into irrelevance the better.

51 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He's certainly crossed the line. I enjoyed watching him get schooled by Fury, even if somehow the judges didn't see it, the sooner he drifts into irrelevance the better.

It's boxing and he's got a big sales point...he bangs hard. No way he becomes irrelevant short of a jail sentence, no matter how vile.

Think he's said something about Breazeale's son being there too which is nothing to do with him. 

I will laugh if he loses that fight. Then if I was AJ I'd refuse to fight him. If I was Whyte I'd sign up to fight Breazeale and then refuse Wilder too.

Freeze the dick head out

4 hours ago, Needless said:

It's boxing and he's got a big sales point...he bangs hard. No way he becomes irrelevant short of a jail sentence, no matter how vile.

Think he becomes irrelevant the moment he loses the WBC title tbh. Who's going to want to fight him when he brings nothing to the table? 

10 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Think he becomes irrelevant the moment he loses the WBC title tbh. Who's going to want to fight him when he brings nothing to the table? 

I reckon he'll bring that serious one punch threat which means he'll sell at his half of the PPV on any show against any top 10 heavyweight. Money talks. The flip side is, he's dangerous so why risk fighting him...but money still talks,