Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Also, when youve dragged yourself back up from a knock down that brutal, and Wilder goes in for the kill, and you know the ref is checking you and getting in close, what do you do when youre struggling to throw back?

Take a couple of steps back, hands behind the back and show the ref youre comfortable. When youre anything but.

42 minutes ago, Norman said:

If Tyson didn't have a bum and a dosser ? as his only fights after a bit of a lay off, a lot of beer and high class cocaine, then would he have been caught in the 12th?

I don't think so. The first knock down was a slap on the back of the head too. 

I also don't think he will lose it this time. 

He has a purpose. You seen the interview where he looks down the camera and adresses peoole who have mental illness. Bloke's on a mission for now.

He's too intelligent for his own good. Surrounded mainly by morons. Not so much now. Which helps.

Last time he won the belts, had 1 stripped straight away, had a poxy presser at the Macron Stadium, got kicked oit of SPOTY, didn't get the recognition his performancr deserved etc.

Now he has it all. If he behaves himself  he can complete a boxing story that wil be hard to beat. A title in May, a showdown with Joshua in December, SPOTY 2019, mental health crusader. 

Who'd have thought that when watching his Instagram this time last year when they had to force him in a car to get him to the South of Spain? I've watched the whole come back and doubted him the whole way. Not any more.

I always liked Fury but I love him now. That interview where he addresses the camera (something he rarely does) was emotional I thought. 

The guy needs to realise he still has mental health problems. You can't cure it! You live with it. He's an unstable character and I hope you're right. I hope he is 100% focused. 

It's great to read the headlines today from the Media. The ones that have pounced on every slip up or unprofessional "lad" behaviour. The ones that never mentioned the Joshua racism tweet. They're full of praise today. Championing him. 

I bet when he set on the path to be the villain to AJ's hero in a 50/50 split he never thought he'd stand a chance of being the good guy. 

Serious talks, 1 incredible fight and 10st lighter he's won over almost everyone. As you say, could be one hell of a story! 

Praying that he completes this second chapter now he's proven he's still got 'it'

Watched it again trying to give it Wilder. I gave him the two knockdowns and threw him 3 rounds. I tried to watch it with the mentality that the challenger has to properly convince. 

So 2, 10-8 rounds effectively gives him 4 rounds and then I threw him 3 more making it 7-5 to Wilder. 

Doesn't feel like such a robbery but certainly had to watch the fight from a biased view that Wilder just has to keep a clean sheet so to speak. 

If this was how football was settled then every time Burnley park the bus for a draw then they would get 3 points! 

Even from a Wilder perspective it's very hard to give him rounds 3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11. He won round 2, 9 and 12. Although even the knockdowns don't have to guarantee a 10-8 score. But yeah, 1, 2, 3, 9(kd),12 (kd) I gave him.

7-5 Wilder.?

Be less of a talking point if 3 judges scored it a draw. You can argue a case for 6-6 quite reasonably but I think there's a Mexican judge that's got a mask fetish.

Edited by Alpha

7 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

where on earth did you get the three rounds from ? Even wilders last round probably wasnt a 10-8 and fury wont the rest of the round?

His best rounds were all early. It wasn't easy. 

I don't think they'll be a rematch anyway tbh. Not next year. 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Norman said:

What was Fielding's team doing? Leave yourself open for the body shot. Plod forward. Take a knee. 

That said, brave for taking the fight.

Yeah, made a few quid but I'm not sure it was quite the brave performance that Sky and co are saying. He was a punchbag from about halfway through the first round. 

Was a perfect opportunity for Canelo to claim a belt at the weight. See if he sticks around. I doubt it.

40 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah, made a few quid but I'm not sure it was quite the brave performance that Sky and co are saying. He was a punchbag from about halfway through the first round. 

Was a perfect opportunity for Canelo to claim a belt at the weight. See if he sticks around. I doubt it.

Aye, made a few quid, opened the stock exchange, didn't get hit in the head too much. Maybe that's why he left himself open to the body. 

Sky were just bullshitting cos it was a waste of a fight....again. 

Much like Chisora vs Whyte. Yeah the first one was an absolute slug fest, but it's never ppv. The words 'war' 'bravery' 'conditioning' will be peddled out.

3 hours ago, Norman said:

Aye, made a few quid, opened the stock exchange, didn't get hit in the head too much. Maybe that's why he left himself open to the body. 

Sky were just bullshitting cos it was a waste of a fight....again. 

Much like Chisora vs Whyte. Yeah the first one was an absolute slug fest, but it's never ppv. The words 'war' 'bravery' 'conditioning' will be peddled out.

Yeah, I'm watching the BT card next week. 

What exactly does Sky call an ordinary show now? The undercard is poor

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Yeah, I'm watching the BT card next week. 

What exactly does Sky call an ordinary show now? The undercard is poor

I was drifting on and off sleep last night listening to Talksport fight night. 

They were talking up the new ITV deal with the American Hayman. 

If its a UK card, stick the undercard on ITV 4 and the main event on ITV 1 at 1030pm. 

If its a card from the US, stick it on ITV1 overnight to get maximum publicity. 

I cant remember the guys name but apparently the new ITV sport director is well known for liking his boxing. 

As the boys on the radio were saying, build up the UK names on ITV1 first and you will get them on pay per view after a couple of years. 

We all remember the Naz, Benn, Eubank etc fights getting huge viewing figures back in the day. 

Edited by CWC1983

10 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Frampton has to beat Warrington doesn't he? 

Im not convinced Carl is over the hill quite yet but Warrington will come at him for 3 minutes x 12 rounds. 

I hope so. Didn't realise Warrington was bigger. He looked bigger at the head to head.

Busy end to 2018 in boxing terms. Fury robbed IMO. That said I had him to win on points to good money so I may be talking through my now rather emptier pockets. Taking a fight in the US is a path fraught with danger as the refereeing in the States often beggars belief. The Mexican judge must be related to Mr Magoo.

Interesting fare tonight. Whyte / Chisora 1 was a more than decent scrap but I'm tuned in for the Frampton vs Warrington bout which I’m hoping will be the best fight across either card. Frampton on points the call, but Warrington is no respecter of reputations and a win for him would not surprise.