Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Cant fault the way Fury boxed, and he looked good doing it. 

Im not convinced Sexton was upto much, way too slow and Fury just picked him off at will. 

As the commentators said, at least he has UK heavyweight champion on his CV. 

Must admit, I watched more of Forrest Gump on Sky 1 than I did of Mick Hennessey's card last night.  

Lomachenko v Linares was thrilling! 

Lomachenko was starting to dominate and enjoy himself before the equaliser. 

I don't like Hughie Fury. Don't like his boxing style, can't listen to him... Not for me.

Don't hate defensive fighters but with Hughie it's all about trying to win rounds with harmless jabs using his reach. Cheap point scoring. There's no real menace in much of his work. The best thing he does is his counter right hook when cornered. 

I don't get dropping back down to British level. Where now? He's calling out world champions... Well why drop down to Sexton? There's Breazeale, Molina, Whyte, Miller etc  who are all ranked high in WBC. Work up to a title shot? Instead of talking trash and fighting Sam Sexton. 

Lomachenko v Linares was great though. Fighters not protecting records, having it out, fighting like champions.  

14 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Hughie Fury bounceback continues. Won’t be long before he is knocking on bigger doors again.

We do seem to have a lot of heavyweight boxers of late.

I thought Fury was slightly unlucky not to get the decision on Parker.

4 hours ago, needles said:

I thought Fury was slightly unlucky not to get the decision on Parker.

You’re not alone, think a few others agree too.

People ir critics can debate how mediocre heavyweight boxing is, for me though I think British heavyweights are spoiling us lately on the world stage; whatever the standard.

Really good fight, Warrington just too busy and sharper with his punches. Frampton and Warrington will be a good fight at Windsor Park. Blimey, a load of Leeds fans in N Ireland on the sauce for a few days. Hope the security are ready.....

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Never heard of him but apparently he doesn't do 12 round fights? Still doing 8 and 10? 

Ah well, at least Tyson is back

Cruiserweight, fought mostly bums with terrible records. Fought Charr once and lost a UD. Guy poses no threat to Fury, even a fat Fury.

5 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Cruiserweight, fought mostly bums with terrible records. Fought Charr once and lost a UD. Guy poses no threat to Fury, even a fat Fury.

Bit disappointing. Could have aimed higher surely? He needs to make quick work of it

• 3 weeks later...

Fury vs Seferi is a glorified training session to get Fury warmed up and back in the spotlight. It's a no contest on paper and if Fury is anything like 50% sharp it all depends on how long he wants to prop Seferi up for.

I want a short sharp finish. I want to see Fury back, because I can't recall seeing a more impressive boxing performance in the heavies than his outing against Klitschko....and if he can regain those levels then the potential clashes with AJ and Wilder are going to give us a great 18 months ahead.

At his best, Tyson Fury beats them both...IMO.