Any fans in Jersey

Alan Ramage 4 EVA

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was in a remote rural bar in guernsey a couple of years ago.

there were only three or four locals in, and they were having an animated discussion about derby county in the 70s,  brian clough, and some local who was apparently very talented, and came to us on trial. Apparently cloughie told him to go and get his hair cut. When he didn't, cloughie sent him straight home. They were derby nuts. Never stopped talking about us.

Yes there are Derby fans here in Jersey. I still go to the Brunswick on match days, though the pub is not as busty or the same as days gone by. I run the branch here and we get across as much as possible and have many friends in Derby and around the Country. When ever I am there the pubs I now go to after the match will be the Smithfield , Exeter and the Derby tap. I always end up in Mr Grundy's , the Eagle and the New Zealand arms as I like that old part of the city. I was last over for that horrible match against the red dogs and will be there for our home match against Middlesbrough. There are a few of us who will meet up on days when we have been on the television.

Yes there are Derby fans here in Jersey. I still go to the Brunswick on match days, though the pub is not as busty or the same as days gone by. I run the branch here and we get across as much as possible and have many friends in Derby and around the Country. When ever I am there the pubs I now go to after the match will be the Smithfield , Exeter and the Derby tap. I always end up in Mr Grundy's , the Eagle and the New Zealand arms as I like that old part of the city. I was last over for that horrible match against the red dogs and will be there for our home match against Middlesbrough. There are a few of us who will meet up on days when we have been on the television.

Archived