DCFC Fans Server Move 12pm Sunday 8th February 2015

Day

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's odd that Chrome won't work on your phone, could you uninstall and reinstall?

Bananas... I could. Is it an experiment for you? If so, I'll do it. Not bothered about it myself though. Won't be using it. Firefox seems fine. When you say we should use chrome, where does that come from? You saying stock is unsafe somehow? I do online financial stuff using stock. Not had any issues yet, nor heard anything about it being dodgy.

I feel like I'm missing out on everything, I ain't got no problems loggin on.

"Unfortunately" I hear iRam say.

The day Boycie I do not read and indeed enjoy your wit, wisdom, or indeed wankdom, might very well be the day they are hammering the nails into my box. Just to confirm I am not gay, and that is not a euphemism. You coming down to Brighton in March?

Bananas... I could. Is it an experiment for you? If so, I'll do it. Not bothered about it myself though. Won't be using it. Firefox seems fine. When you say we should use chrome, where does that come from? You saying stock is unsafe somehow? I do online financial stuff using stock. Not had any issues yet, nor heard anything about it being dodgy.

It's not an experiment, sometimes for whatever reason clear cache and cookies doesn't actually clear them, uninstalling wipes all the data. If you're not bothered you can leave it.

The stock browser isn't "dodgy" it's just not being supported anymore with updates, next few years it will die off and be replaced with Chrome. Firefox is fine to use if you're happy with it.

The day Boycie I do not read and indeed enjoy your wit, wisdom, or indeed wankdom, might very well be the day they are hammering the nails into my box. Just to confirm I am not gay, and that is not a euphemism. You coming down to Brighton in March?

I'm not allowed out much.

But if I was coming out then Brighton would be fitting.

I'd love to go, but can't promise anything my lover. The train cost us redic, and a drive would defeat the enjoyment.

I'm not allowed out much.

But if I was coming out then Brighton would be fitting.

I'd love to go, but can't promise anything my lover. The train cost us redic, and a drive would defeat the enjoyment.

Just tried to PM you, but that doesn't appear to be working - doesn't like your username! I would empty my cache but I have no ******* idea what that means. Try and get in touch over the next few days.

Well the article is wrong because the Samsung tablet purchased at Christmas with 4.4.2 on has it.

As you mentioned earlier I think that's a manufacturer/provider decision and each situation is different.

The screenshot you provided seems to be a pre-release version from what I can find, Google's final version screenshots has browser swapped for Chrome and messenger swapped for hangouts.

The Nexus 6 and 9 running Lollypop only have Chrome so I see that as being the way Google want it to be.

Each to their own obviously but I thought it would be something most wouldn't be aware of and should know about to make that decision.

I personally think users should have to be notified via that specific app or device if there is any change to security, I still talk to far too many people that think Macs can't get viruses and security issues are just PC's...

As you mentioned earlier I think that's a manufacturer/provider decision and each situation is different.

The screenshot you provided seems to be a pre-release version from what I can find, Google's final version screenshots has browser swapped for Chrome and messenger swapped for hangouts.

Android 5.0

The Nexus 6 and 9 running Lollypop only have Chrome so I see that as being the way Google want it to be.

Each to their own obviously but I thought it would be something most wouldn't be aware of and should know about to make that decision.

I personally think users should have to be notified via that specific app or device if there is any change to security, I still talk to far too many people that think Macs can't get viruses and security issues are just PC's...

I think the problem is that when it's installed by default it becomes the browser of choice for launching pages unless you change the way the os launches Web links. Most non tech savvy users won't want to mess around with settings so will keep using the stock browser, which means Daveo has to find a way to make it work. It may be unsupported and insecure but sadly it's not going away any time soon. And my S5 has the stock browser (just called Internet) as the default browser, and it's a Kitkat device.

Archived