Darragh MacAnthony not happy.....with Fawaz?

Day

I don't know. I can see a future wherever actually end up helping them out, as a fan base, to get rid of Fawaz. It will be considered a beautiful moment in football. Rival fans coming together for the greater good. And we will forever have the moral high ground. Nottingham Forest will always be indebted to us, the club that we saved. They'd absolutely hate that.

Yeah, if we go up and Ince is a success, we'll pay the money they owe for him as long as Fawaz goes. Then we keep Forest as a feeder club.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, I find it hard to feel sorry for Forest fans when Fawaz has been like this since day 1 and they've been up his arse the whole time. Not seen much concern about his antics. Even when you question Forest fans I've not seen one willing to discuss he might not be the messiah.

They think they have this brilliant squad (that's been mismanaged 5(?) times). They think they've got the power of a country behind them. They think because he says he doesn't like Derby and he went to a pub with a few of them that he's also one of the lads.

Well the time of realisation is long past. I don't want them to lose their club. But I'd happily see the East Midlands Derby being Mickleover Sports v Forest.

Some of the bizarre things that they haven't even worried about. Buying Djebbour when they loaned him. Winding up orders and late payments here there and everywhere. Not a mathematician amongst them to add it all up.

That's one of the massive reasons I struggle to feel too sorry for them.

They thought he was god from day 1, despite the instant strange goings on under Billy. They continued to think so after every small event, and even though he's now clearly gone behind a club legend's back to find a replacement before sacking him, some still love him. It's bonkers. He's an absolute laughing stock who clearly wants to control the team and has nothing like the funds he claims.

The "I think we need a chat" tweet is from a fake account, the other tweets regarding Fawaz without actually naming names is from the real guy

Yeah, it is. There was a Forest fan arguing with him on it. He was saying it's MacAnthony's fault for spending the

In the business of operating a football club and interacting with other clubs a certain amount of trust is required.

You have to trust that if you loan or sell a player to another club that they will meet their financial obligations on time, in full; you have to trust that when they sell tickets for a fixture at your ground they will forward those monies (less their commission) to you within an agreed time-scale.

This man (Fawaz) is making a mockery of our game, its business customs and practices. It is high time the Football League took him to task and either punishes him for his transgressions or declare him as "not a fit and proper person to run a football club".

It will be small wonder when clubs stop dealing with Forest. Local businesses have already, didn't pay us for away tickets on time, didn't pay Chelsea for Chalobah's loan spell, several WUP's, transfer embargo and now apparently didn't pay Hull for Ince's loan, and Palace for Hunt's loan.

Lack of payment to Peterborough over Assombolonga may well be the straw that broke the camel's back, if you pardon the stereotype-based imagery.

See, I find it hard to feel sorry for Forest fans when Fawaz has been like this since day 1 and they've been up his arse the whole time. Not seen much concern about his antics. Even when you question Forest fans I've not seen one willing to discuss he might not be the messiah.

They think they have this brilliant squad (that's been mismanaged 5(?) times). They think they've got the power of a country behind them. They think because he says he doesn't like Derby and he went to a pub with a few of them that he's also one of the lads.

Well the time of realisation is long past. I don't want them to lose their club. But I'd happily see the East Midlands Derby being Mickleover Sports v Forest.

Some of the bizarre things that they haven't even worried about. Buying Djebbour when they loaned him. Winding up orders and late payments here there and everywhere. Not a mathematician amongst them to add it all up.

Well fawaz certainly isn't a mathematician

Honestly, the mess there in isnt even funny anymore

I'm having to start being magnanimous with my forest mates about it in case they start crying...

I remember about three quarters of the way through THAT season my Forest mates started to tone down their laughter and eventually reached the point of being consoling. It was horrible. I much preferred it when they were taking the pee.

Maybe if we all start being nice to them it'll wind them up even more.

In the past when the gumps haven't paid on time, the league gave them a transfer embargo (on the quiet). If this is true (and they've got a lot of form) then an embargo doesn't hurt them as they've already got one, so the player's registration should be suspended until they pay up. It's not fair on the other teams in the league who play by the rules.

On second thoughts, how about a points deduction?

Or blowing the shi tty ground up

I remember about three quarters of the way through THAT season my Forest mates started to tone down their laughter and eventually reached the point of being consoling. It was horrible. I much preferred it when they were taking the pee.

Maybe if we all start being nice to them it'll wind them up even more.

Ahhhh mine didn't... just carried on all year... In fact one of them got a corporate ticket to the game (for some unknown reason) we played Villa at home (lost 6-0) and took me along "as I can drink my way through the pain"... stayed inside with several bottles of wine in the second half...

I'm starting to feel sorry for forest fans. No football club deserves this sort of embarrassment. Unless it's Millwall or Leeds.

Leeds can burn in hell...

I hope he takes them out of business and they have to start over in non league.

not sure I would be willing to trade off the opportunity of spanking them badly home and away every season. I'd go the other way and grant them a free pass to play in whatever division we play in, just for the humiliation factor.

I read the LTLF forum as well and couldn't believe the number of them sticking up for Fawaz.  They need to ask themselves what exactly Fawaz has done for them - and how much better off they are for it.

2 1/2 years down the line, 7 managers, a transfer embargo because they broke FFP (when he said they wouldn't), late payments, the appointment of a CEO which appears to have been little more than a sham, appoint Pearce (when they shouldn't have), sacking him (at probably the wrong time), all the fiasco with Billy Davies, sacking Sean O'Driscoll when they were 7th, the name of the club being dragged through the mud...

And STILL they think he's amazing?!

Archived