Tom Ince - Sky Sports

Walsall_Ram

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McClaren is on a hiding to nothing at this point in the season. He has to balance spending against not getting promoted. Whatever we spend in this window is excellent business if we get promoted. if we do not get promoted then we will cash in on a big player to pay for the financial loss. We cannot lose by getting players at this time because it is short term and our security is the likes of Hughes, Martin, Bryson, Hendrick and Thorne. We can sell who it takes to balance the books. If all goes to plan then we have a new nucleus of players who can supposedly play in the premiership. McClaren's skill is to improve players. We buy a player with potential or who has lost his way and we get him playing again. It did not work with Best, as it cannot with everyone. There must be a hundred players in Premiership squads who cannot get a game. They were developed through the U21s, signed from lower leagues because of their potential or have just lost their way etc These players are McClaren's happy hunting ground:-

1. U21 players who have been given excellent tuition at great clubs eg Bunjaku

2. Players originally from lower leagues eg Ibe on loan or Phillips on a permanent contract.

3. Players who have lost their way eg Bent

4. Unknown foreigners eg Albentosa

5. Young players from Foreign big teams eg Mascarell on loan perhaps permanent

6. Local talent brought through the ranks eg Rawson,Hanson and a bunch of others at U16,U17, U18, U21 levels. They are already getting international recognition.

The most difficult ones to get are the likes of Phillips who was signed for

McClaren is on a hiding to nothing at this point in the season. He has to balance spending against not getting promoted. Whatever we spend in this window is excellent business if we get promoted. if we do not get promoted then we will cash in on a big player to pay for the financial loss. We cannot lose by getting players at this time because it is short term and our security is the likes of Hughes, Martin, Bryson, Hendrick and Thorne. We can sell who it takes to balance the books. If all goes to plan then we have a new nucleus of players who can supposedly play in the premiership. McClaren's skill is to improve players. We buy a player with potential or who has lost his way and we get him playing again. It did not work with Best, as it cannot with everyone. There must be a hundred players in Premiership squads who cannot get a game. They were developed through the U21s, signed from lower leagues because of their potential or have just lost their way etc These players are McClaren's happy hunting ground:-

1. U21 players who have been given excellent tuition at great clubs eg Bunjaku

2. Players originally from lower leagues eg Ibe on loan or Phillips on a permanent contract.

3. Players who have lost their way eg Bent

4. Unknown foreigners eg Albentosa

5. Young players from Foreign big teams eg Mascarell on loan perhaps permanent

6. Local talent brought through the ranks eg Rawson,Hanson and a bunch of others at U16,U17, U18, U21 levels. They are already getting international recognition.

The most difficult ones to get are the likes of Phillips who was signed for

Interesting that the loan fee has (apparently) gone public. Ince wants to come to Derby - he was desperate to come here and angling for a move when he eventually went to the Gumps, but at the time we were well stocked with wingers and weren't interested.

Our rivals want him as well and presumably are prepared to pay the fee. If we want him, I trust Sam Rush to do a good deal and get him for a decent rate. And I think that should include a fixed-price buy deal at the end of the loan if we want him at that point.

I've not been convinced by him recently, but Ambitious is clearly keen and was proved right when backing the Ibe deal. So, I'd be happy for this to go through.

It was big. Did you see the people pointing at it? They were tiny in comparison. It makes you think, mate. 

they kind of supported the impression of the if being big for me. i liked them though, more than the if,if i'm honest. i started to imagine their lives, and what their favourite pasta is, whether they like cats or dogs more, and what it must be like living in the constant shadow of uncertain possibility, then i realised we all do, and life if just that. and then i started to cry, but they were happy tears. thanks troydyer, that was a lovely picture

McClaren is on a hiding to nothing at this point in the season. He has to balance spending against not getting promoted. Whatever we spend in this window is excellent business if we get promoted. if we do not get promoted then we will cash in on a big player to pay for the financial loss. We cannot lose by getting players at this time because it is short term and our security is the likes of Hughes, Martin, Bryson, Hendrick and Thorne. We can sell who it takes to balance the books. If all goes to plan then we have a new nucleus of players who can supposedly play in the premiership. McClaren's skill is to improve players. We buy a player with potential or who has lost his way and we get him playing again. It did not work with Best, as it cannot with everyone. There must be a hundred players in Premiership squads who cannot get a game. They were developed through the U21s, signed from lower leagues because of their potential or have just lost their way etc These players are McClaren's happy hunting ground:-1. U21 players who have been given excellent tuition at great clubs eg Bunjaku2. Players originally from lower leagues eg Ibe on loan or Phillips on a permanent contract.3. Players who have lost their way eg Bent4. Unknown foreigners eg Albentosa5. Young players from Foreign big teams eg Mascarell on loan perhaps permanent6. Local talent brought through the ranks eg Rawson,Hanson and a bunch of others at U16,U17, U18, U21 levels. They are already getting international recognition.The most difficult ones to get are the likes of Phillips who was signed for

Having previously said I don't really want him, Ambitious has argued well enough to make him seem an attractive proposition.

Still not buying the BS about choosing Hull over Inter though.

oh come o0o0o0o0n. he's literally bursting with football integrity! plus milan is an awful place, nothing going for it. yorkshire on the other hand.

McClaren is on a hiding to nothing at this point in the season. He has to balance spending against not getting promoted. Whatever we spend in this window is excellent business if we get promoted. if we do not get promoted then we will cash in on a big player to pay for the financial loss. We cannot lose by getting players at this time because it is short term and our security is the likes of Hughes, Martin, Bryson, Hendrick and Thorne. We can sell who it takes to balance the books. If all goes to plan then we have a new nucleus of players who can supposedly play in the premiership. McClaren's skill is to improve players. We buy a player with potential or who has lost his way and we get him playing again. It did not work with Best, as it cannot with everyone. There must be a hundred players in Premiership squads who cannot get a game. They were developed through the U21s, signed from lower leagues because of their potential or have just lost their way etc These players are McClaren's happy hunting ground:-1. U21 players who have been given excellent tuition at great clubs eg Bunjaku2. Players originally from lower leagues eg Ibe on loan or Phillips on a permanent contract.3. Players who have lost their way eg Bent4. Unknown foreigners eg Albentosa5. Young players from Foreign big teams eg Mascarell on loan perhaps permanent6. Local talent brought through the ranks eg Rawson,Hanson and a bunch of others at U16,U17, U18, U21 levels. They are already getting international recognition.The most difficult ones to get are the likes of Phillips who was signed for

If I had to choose between Ince, Phillips and hoilet.

I choose Ince ,  think that he has always looked very good when he played against Derby and it wasn't so long ago that he he was the hottest prospect outside the prem.

Seems to have made a couple of wrong career moves, if we could get him in and recapture his form he could give us just that extra we need and shoot us to the premier league and FACUP glory of course.

I was just thinking that the last time i saw him for blackpool v us he was pretty anonymous.

Tbh i'm on the fence.

I really haven't seen enough of him to comment one way or the other.

they kind of supported the impression of the if being big for me. i liked them though, more than the if,if i'm honest. i started to imagine their lives, and what their favourite pasta is, whether they like cats or dogs more, and what it must be like living in the constant shadow of uncertain possibility, then i realised we all do, and life if just that. and then i started to cry, but they were happy tears. thanks troydyer, that was a lovely picture

Farfelle. Cats (not those odd bald ones). Cold Gonzo, cold like our hearts.

I am glad you felt it. We crossed a bridge here. A beautiful double rainbow of a bridge.

How is Ince actually allowed to play for anyone else this season? Here's a link to the FIFA regulations (it's a pdf) that mentions this on p. 8:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

"Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected."

He's already played for Hull and the gumps this season, so how come he can play for a third team?

How is Ince actually allowed to play for anyone else this season? Here's a link to the FIFA regulations (it's a pdf) that mentions this on p. 8:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

"Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected."

He's already played for Hull and the gumps this season, so how come he can play for a third team?

Could it be that this in reference to transfers rather than loans...

I have asked this question to someone ITK about Chalobah because of the Bordeaux move breaking down but then getting a move to Reading.

Essentially the English lower leagues dont count. Neither do emergency loans.

Best has played for Blackburn, Derby and Brighton and that was ok !

Archived