John Carver till the end of the season for Newcastle

Day

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should go for Eddie Howe - can't believe his names barely been mentioned.

Controversial time; If we don't go up and get knocked out say the play off semis, surely that'll be another failure for Mcclaren and the likelihood of a big Premiership club coming in would be slimmer NOT greater...

IF we dont go up , should we be worried about Stevie Mac  :mellow:

I think one of the issues they've had attracting a new manager is that they want to operate on the principle of a head coach that doesn't have any control over player recruitment - not sure Steve would go for that - he's technically head coach here, but manager in terms of what he does and the decision making process when bringing in players. Hell of a risk to his reputation (which he's doing such a good job of rebuilding) if he was reliant on someone else to pick the squad for him....

They should go for Eddie Howe - can't believe his names barely been mentioned.

Controversial time; If we don't go up and get knocked out say the play off semis, surely that'll be another failure for Mcclaren and the likelihood of a big Premiership club coming in would be slimmer NOT greater...

On the contrary, it could be viewed he's done a good job getting a small club to the playoffs so has earned a chance at a bigger club

On the contrary, it could be viewed he's done a good job getting a small club to the playoffs so has earned a chance at a bigger club

Are you talking about Tony Mowbray?

Newcastle mate of mine says they're hellbent on getting a foreign manager up there, so I hope they do although Stevie Mac is probably the most 'foreign' English manager as I can't recall too many English managers managing today having previously managed abroad.

Apparently they wanted Garde, although he left Lyon due to "exhaustion" so I doubt the Newcastle job would do him much good. He also wanted his whole backroom staff over from Lyon and I couldn't see Ashley bringing them all over but we'll see.

On a John Carver thread, why would I be doing that?

It was the reference to a small club, the playoff failure and then the manager departing for bigger and better things.

Can't think who else you could have been referring to, given your obsession with all things bearing a resemblance to Tesco.

It was the reference to a small club, the playoff failure and then the manager departing for bigger and better things.

Can't think who else you could have been referring to, given your obsession with all things bearing a resemblance to Tesco.

Obsession? Lol, now that made me laugh.

Don't get the Tesco reference, I prefer to shop in New World

Obsession? Lol, now that made me laugh.

Don't get the Tesco reference, I prefer to shop in New World

West Brom's shirts bear a striking resemblance to a Tesco shopping bag

Archived