2015 Formula One Championship

CumbrianRam

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sky coverage is so much better than the BBC, i do actually think C4 will do ok, they seem to do ok with the sports they have. Im sure it will only be 10 races or so a year though.

• 1 month later...

I used to love formula 1 but for me it's lost it. Too many rules, too many lawyers and too many people who see sport as a franchise. 

I want to see a new formula one.

rules are 

1) basic safety rules for vehicles and tracks as is now. All the deformable cell stuff so people don't get killed

2) minimum and maximum weights and dimensions

3) a fixed quantity of fuel  as a spur for effiency

4) fixed distance that isn't a sprint 

5) max CC blown or unblown

then let battle commence .. This is formula 1 i.e the premier racing formula so dickering about over what aerodynamic aids are allowed and petty rule interpretation or who is the tyre supplier ain't sport that is lawyers and TV men. 

5 hours ago, jono said:

I used to love formula 1 but for me it's lost it. Too many rules, too many lawyers and too many people who see sport as a franchise. 

I want to see a new formula one.

rules are 

1) basic safety rules for vehicles and tracks as is now. All the deformable cell stuff so people don't get killed

2) minimum and maximum weights and dimensions

3) a fixed quantity of fuel  as a spur for effiency

4) fixed distance that isn't a sprint 

5) max CC blown or unblown

then let battle commence .. This is formula 1 i.e the premier racing formula so dickering about over what aerodynamic aids are allowed and petty rule interpretation or who is the tyre supplier ain't sport that is lawyers and TV men. 

You've literally just described the WEC!

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, LesterRam said:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35496878

What a shame, absolute genius and its not looking good for the German.

It doesnt seem to be, i think hardly anyone has any idea what sort of health he is in, but i dont think i have ever expected him to be seen in public again. It seems so strange he drove so many F1 races, yet a freak skiing accident has caused him what may end up being a life ending injury.

Archived