Bye Bye Fozzy?

SellyIOM

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like this title. Seems to me to be harsh on the lad. Forsyth has done a great job over the last 18 months, and is still learning in the role. Like Mascarell he can learn a lot from having an old hand for real competition, and although he has frustrated me at times this season if he can get time to work on his passing/distribution he can still become a top class left back, hopefully for us.

I don't like this title. Seems to me to be harsh on the lad. Forsyth has done a great job over the last 18 months, and is still learning in the role. Like Mascarell he can learn a lot from having an old hand for real competition, and although he has frustrated me at times this season if he can get time to work on his passing/distribution he can still become a top class left back, hopefully for us.

Agreed, what on earth has he done since he joined that would warrant people to want him out? Sure, his form dipped a little this season, but the last few games he's been back on it and he seems to be playing a slightly different role this season. Don't forget how effective he was last season for us, at both attacking and defending. 

I don't think it's a coincidence that Forsyth has had an upturn in form with Bucko back in the team as well, he doesn't want to be receiving the ball on the edge of our own area whilst being pressured by attackers, but having Bucko rake a 60 yard diagonal over the top for him to receive well over the half way line is another matter entirely for him. No chance of him being dropped to the bench this Saturday.

That's why there was a question mark after the title,I was looking for peoples opinion.My opinion is he has a lot to learn about keeping possession and he seems to play his best football in the final third of the pitch.His marking is also quite worrying,he often drifts into the middle leaving wide men unmarked.

Forsyth gives the ball away too much. Can't say that about Warnock.

Christie gave the ball away far too many times last match. It's good to see our back up fullbacks (Shotton and Warnock potentially) offer a good defensive balance while Christie and Forsyth offer more going forward.

Warnock straight in on Saturday or will we wait to bring him up to speed on the way we play?Forsythe for me loses so much possession this will hopefully be the kick up the arse he needs.

Warnock won't go straight in the squad so no bye bye for Fozzy at al.

It'll be "bye bye Naylor". Forsyth's slight dip in form this season means SM wants better back up/alternative at LB, so Naylor is surely on his way out.

This.

Forsyth is under rated by a lot of our fans. He's good defensively and puts in often puts in excellent crosses when he gets forward. He's very quick once he gets going and is superb in the air. He struggles a bit if he has to turn quickly - but I've never seen a tall player who doesn't. But his main weakness is his passing infield, where he often gives possession away needlessly. If he can cut this out he'll be the best left back in the division and should be OK if we get promoted. Problem is though, it appears to be a cerebral issue, and I'm not sure you could coach that out.

But another one of his strengths has been highlighted today - he's always available for selection.

Archived