Derby County v Notts Forest

Gritstone Ram

You've convinced me mate, and no, its not worth the risk.

Also, perhaps someone who was at the match yesterday could tell me if the trees played above themselves

in the 2nd half, or would we in fact have struggled to beat anyone yesterday.  (Blackpool/Milwall etc..)

Both, only the second half though. First half it was pretty much business as usual, even if we weren't driving forward as much as normal. We were on top, Forest looked rubbish. Nobody at all (except perhaps Stuart Pearce, whose tactical changes at half time really worked) could have seen that second half coming. I'll never take another game of football for granted as long as I live.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all , not been on here for along time, but after Saturdays very poor show I felt iI had to add my 1p worth.

I have to reflect on 4 of the six games we have lost, all against very poor teams at the bottom , and then our display against both Brenford & Middlesboro. My reflection is that I feel it is only us the fans that dream of going up, but with those awful memories of the last time we were there WHY. I sat very high at Wembly and saw us fail to beat a very poor QPR team, then I realized we were just not good enough to go up. We are IMO not as good as we were last saeson, maybe it is time to stop dreaming for another season.

Sorry

Hello all , not been on here for along time, but after Saturdays very poor show I felt iI had to add my 1p worth.

I have to reflect on 4 of the six games we have lost, all against very poor teams at the bottom , and then our display against both Brenford & Middlesboro. My reflection is that I feel it is only us the fans that dream of going up, but with those awful memories of the last time we were there WHY. I sat very high at Wembly and saw us fail to beat a very poor QPR team, then I realized we were just not good enough to go up. We are IMO not as good as we were last saeson, maybe it is time to stop dreaming for another season.

Sorry

You do know we're two points off automatics with twenty games to play yeah? If we're good enough we'll finish top two, simple.

Sorry

There are arguments to be made for and against whether we are better than last season; I think we are about the same all things considered.

But we are third, a win away from top. That's a great place to be. Anyone who still thinks we will run away with the league sure, stop dreaming. But we have every chance of going up, we are on a par with the best teams in this league so why shouldn't we?

So if it's ok with you, I'm going to carry on dreaming!

Pete, there were many times when there was little pressure and we just headed it as far as we could - no purpose at all. One such moment under little pressure one of our defenders just hooked it back down the field not even looking where he kicked it. It was frustrating all of us, and by the sounds of it, no one more than SM.

If defenders are heading the ball must be in the air. They are taught not to let the ball bounce. What are they meant to do but head the ball? As far as possible makes sense to me, away from danger. Problem was lack of challenge fight or anything much in midfield.

My reflection is that I feel it is only us the fans that dream of going up.

We are IMO not as good as we were last saeson, maybe it is time to stop dreaming for another season.

Sorry

Gary Barlow, Samantha Fox, Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee, Barry Chucklebrother, Vera Lynn, Neil Diamond, Prince Harry, Debby Harry, my mum, Leslie Ash, Philip Schofield, Dizzie Rascal, the Archbishop of Canterbury, Helen Mirren and Baby Spice have all contacted me in the last 24 hours to say how disappointed they were with the performance and result yesterday and I reassured all of them that our dreams were not shattered, and that we would come back stronger. Only Pete Tong thought that we were weaker than last season, and might not go up, but he is never right. Bit of a tosser too - not really sure why I keep in touch with him really.

Gary Barlow, Samantha Fox, Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee, Barry Chucklebrother, Vera Lynn, Neil Diamond, Prince Harry, Debby Harry, my mum, Leslie Ash, Philip Schofield, Dizzie Rascal, the Archbishop of Canterbury, Helen Mirren and Baby Spice have all contacted me in the last 24 hours to say how disappointed they were with the performance and result yesterday and I reassured all of them that our dreams were not shattered, and that we would come back stronger. Only Pete Tong thought that we were weaker than last season, and might not go up, but he is never right. Bit of a tosser too - not really sure why I keep in touch with him really.

Did you ask Debbie McGee what it was about the millionaire, Paul Daniels, that 1st attracted her to him...?

Overall I dont think this game was as bad as some of our defeats this season. At least we were okay for 1 half. Leeds and Boro were worse.

I think some people are too focused on the fact it was forest. 4 points wasnt up for grabs it was just a standard game like all the others. Which if it wasnt for that suicidal 2 mins at the end would have ended 1-1 and wheels would still be on.

We are/were missing a number of key players. I am sure mac can sort it out. Calm down there are still 20-odd games left.

"I'm telling you i-Ram, it's a disaster, it's all going a bit 'me'..."

Did you ask Debbie McGee what it was about the millionaire, Paul Daniels, that 1st attracted her to him...?

It was the length of his wand. She was disappointed in truth, and soon became fed up of his foreplay where he kept shouting "You'll like this ... not a lot, but you'll like it." To be honest the marriage is now a bit of a sham, and she rings me on a Sunday morning to talk dirty. She becomes quite shrill and exciteable when I suggest I would like to pull a rabbit from her ass.

I'm just watching my Forest match recording , and , bearing in mind some of the criticism of Martin's display , have looked at the difference between his first and second half displays ..

First half he played his usual lay-offs , flick-ons and intuitive interplay ( with Will Hughes in particular ) , mostly on the floor and at the usual high speed tempo , a great display of awareness at what is happening around him at all times ..

Second half , a frustrating time for him , having to climb ladders to attempt to reach hopeless punts upfield , football from the Stoke City coaching manual ..

Once Hughes had gone the only service he received was the occasional ball from Mascarell or Russell , nothing resembling decent service from the woeful Bryson or Hendrick !

So to lay blame on him for our display is misguided judgement indeed ..

Without Thorne in last year's form, the present team is operating at about the same standard as last year's team without Thorne. The extra players that we have signed permanently are of a similar standard to the rest of the squad so the only improvement is  that we have spare players. I am beginning to wonder if the problem of who does not get a game is starting to surface. Players like Bryson, Hendrick and Dawkins are not regulars any more. They all want to be regulars, need I say more. The present squad after 26 games is a top six finish squad. What we need to finish in the top two is 1. Thorne back at the best 2. Albentosa to be  a better centre half than what we have and for him to be a better organiser of the defence than we have at present. 3. For Warnock or anew signing to fill the Eustace role till Thorne is 100% 4. Eustace available for the last ten games. 5. More flexibility to change tactics in key matches when we are winning so we can hold out to get the three points. Also an attitude where a draw can be a good result.

I'm just watching my Forest match recording , and , bearing in mind some of the criticism of Martin's display , have looked at the difference between his first and second half displays ..

First half he played his usual lay-offs , flick-ons and intuitive interplay ( with Will Hughes in particular ) , mostly on the floor and at the usual high speed tempo , a great display of awareness at what is happening around him at all times ..

Second half , a frustrating time for him , having to climb ladders to attempt to reach hopeless punts upfield , football from the Stoke City coaching manual ..

Once Hughes had gone the only service he received was the occasional ball from Mascarell or Russell , nothing resembling decent service from the woeful Bryson or Hendrick !

So to lay blame on him for our display is misguided judgement indeed ..

Moved your post into this thread, it fits in better.

Moved your post into this thread, it fits in better.

Top work, you're in fine form at the minute mate. Thanks again for moving those posts into Rams Talk earlier. I trust you do your job now and I'll stop making smart-arsed comments.

Without Thorne in last year's form, the present team is operating at about the same standard as last year's team without Thorne. The extra players that we have signed permanently are of a similar standard to the rest of the squad so the only improvement is  that we have spare players. I am beginning to wonder if the problem of who does not get a game is starting to surface. Players like Bryson, Hendrick and Dawkins are not regulars any more. They all want to be regulars, need I say more. The present squad after 26 games is a top six finish squad. What we need to finish in the top two is 1. Thorne back at the best 2. Albentosa to be  a better centre half than what we have and for him to be a better organiser of the defence than we have at present. 3. For Warnock or anew signing to fill the Eustace role till Thorne is 100% 4. Eustace available for the last ten games. 5. More flexibility to change tactics in key matches when we are winning so we can hold out to get the three points. Also an attitude where a draw can be a good result.

Can warnock play CDM? News to me. Anyway he's injured too at the moment. Think we need someone to replace ibe as well.

Both, only the second half though. First half it was pretty much business as usual, even if we weren't driving forward as much as normal. We were on top, Forest looked rubbish. Nobody at all (except perhaps Stuart Pearce, whose tactical changes at half time really worked) could have seen that second half coming. I'll never take another game of football for granted as long as I live.

I keep saying that,but I still keep losing money on the fixed odds.

Sorry

You don't have to apologise for an honest opinion,and it may be a fair point.I would say this season

is different because last season 2 teams ran away wih it.This season is more open and we have to

try to make ourselves more competitive.

Archived