The demise of Notts Forest

Posh Ram

Knew that someone would take exception to that.

Just going by what I've seen and heard, apparently Watford's 1-touch game last night was of something rarely seen at this level. Whereas you lot against us were anything but, committing more fouls, going down to 10 and scrambling in a goal from a set-piece.

The league matters in May, whether we'll be in or around the promotion picture remains to be seen, need to make a few changes though.

I've heard a few Red Dogs saying that without The Pie Man pulling the strings there's no creativity from your midfield.  Surely with Lansbury in the side those kind of statements are completely untrue???

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard a few Red Dogs saying that without The Pie Man pulling the strings there's no creativity from your midfield. Surely with Lansbury in the side those kind of statements are completely untrue???

Lansbury has been average at best this season. Reid makes us tick so really we could do with someone in of a similar ilk on loan.

Congratulations to Derby on winning the league in October. Quite an achievement.

Bloody right Dawny, especially coming just one month after Forest did. That must be some kind of record - did you have points deducted for poor away support or something?

As has been constantly mentioned in this thread (when we were top strangely). The league table matters not at this stage.

Unless of course you're above us. In which case we might as well end the season now.

Sounds like we were ran ragged at times last night but Watford are the best footballing side in the league so they'll tear some teams apart playing like that. Happy with a point but we desperately need a midfielder on loan.

I'll bite.

I think they will definitely be challenging but "the best footballing side"..... based on what exactly? You can't say (in my opinion) because you never saw them play, just heard them tearing you apart on the radio.

Because every stat would suggest the opposite:

Possession: 1st Derby with 56.9% ~ 16th Watford with 49%

Pass Success: 3rd Derby with 82.5%  ~ 9th Watford with 77.3%

Short passes: 1st Derby with 446 ~ 10th Watford with 349

Open play goals: 1st Derby with 20 ~ 3rd Watford with 15

I can't decipher if your comments are trolling or ignorance, but it's always fun to put the facts out there  :p

Just going by what I've seen and heard, apparently Watford's 1-touch game last night was of something rarely seen at this level. Whereas you lot against us were anything but, committing more fouls, going down to 10 and scrambling in a goal from a set-piece.

The league matters in May, whether we'll be in or around the promotion picture remains to be seen, need to make a few changes though.

Wow......its really hurting ain't it?

couple of quotes from last night......

"For me, both situations should have been a red card - for Manciennes challenge in the first half and probably for the penalty as well"

Watford manager, Slavisa Jokanovic.

"Your heart is in your mouth with an incident like that. we were delighted it was only a yellow card and not red"

Forest assistant manager, Steve Wrigley.

Your bitter comments about us just raise a wry smile.........half a dozen Championship managers have spoken very highly of us so far, but don't let that cloud your judgement. :lol:

I'll bite.

I think they will definitely be challenging but "the best footballing side"..... based on what exactly? You can't say (in my opinion) because you never saw them play, just heard them tearing you apart on the radio.

Possession: 1st Derby with 56.9% ~ 16th Watford with 49%

Pass Success: 3rd Derby with 82.5%  ~ 9th Watford with 77.3%

I can't decipher if your comments are trolling or ignorance, but it's always fun to put the facts out there  :p

He was aiming for bites; every man and his dog know who the best footballing side in the division is. 

:)

I'll bite.

Possession: 1st Derby with 56.9% ~ 16th Watford with 49%

Pass Success: 3rd Derby with 82.5% ~ 9th Watford with 77.3%

I can't decipher if your comments are trolling or ignorance, but it's always fun to put the facts out there :p

Facts that prove nothing.

How good a side plays football is about opinion not stats. A side could have 70% possession and be dull as dishwater.

How good a side plays football is about opinion not stats. A side could have 70% possession and be dull as dishwater.

It's about both. stats reinforce opinion. 

For example most managers this season has said we are the best side in this division, the stats support that claim.

And as your assumptions are based on?? well unless you have seen Watford in the flesh more than once this season, my "stats" are a more qualified opinion than yours.

Those facts prove nothing only if the team isn't winning. We have the best stats in the league, we are admired by opposition managers, we're scoring goals, playing some sublime football and doing the horrible stuff when needed.

We haven't conceaded a  goal in 540 min of football.

All these facts put together and we should be top of the league.......oh wait, we are.

Go and sulk on LTLF with the rest of the gumps & talk about them 2 cups you won when 90% of you wern't even born.

;):p

No, screw the league and wherever either of us finish. Just judge both of us based on how we perform in the derby match.

We played scrappy away from home in a local derby. Forget the other 44 games we'll play this season, that's how you really judge a side.

Archived