QPR FFP

Day

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spurs, Everton would keep winning it and no European football as a reward. We won't get to see the likes of Di Maria, Falcao, Hazard, Aguero and co at the iPro.

Also all the media and TV attention would turn to this European league, English football wouldn't even exist to them.

Careful what you wish for.

Spurs, Everton would keep winning it and no European football as a reward. We won't get to see the likes of Di Maria, Falcao, Hazard, Aguero and co at the iPro.

Also all the media and TV attention would turn to this European league, English football wouldn't even exist to them.

I don't agree with any of that.Currently Spurs are 6th,only 2 of the big 6 above them.Everton are 10th.

The names you mentioned aren't the only fish in the sea,and you can do what we do now see them on

TV.

The TV rights will probably stay the same,Sky show us now,why not then.Anyway live football could be

shown live on the other channels.

The top league would be a lot closer and all teams would have a chance,attendance would be cheaper.

Less foreign players would benefit our national teams.

Bring it on.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal would all be gone, maybe Liverpool as well. And people say Sky have ruined football, wouldn't removing 5 or 6 of our top teams from English football ruin it? Of course it would, the FA Cup games, Grimsby v Liverpool, no more.

Clubs having to fly out to Europe every other weekend, would Man Utd be in Milan on a Wednesday and Barcelona on Saturday? Costs for clubs would rise, ticket prices for those fans would rise not to mention travelling to see your team. They would be able to demand insane TV rights money which would possibly lower the money available for English Football TV.

The whole idea is just insane and I hope never comes in, let's fix English football not destroy it, bring in squad number caps, player wage caps, scrap FFP and share the money out more evenly. Cap ticket prices for fans, get train companies on board to lower travel costs, get fans back in the grounds. Don't just boot out our top clubs because they are rich and nobody can touch them.

Exactly whats not to like?The rich clubs leaving would make it more open,giving teams

like Derby a chance. 

As far as their fans paying extra,so what?Their problem.

We don't get much money,now.We could get more,after all tv audiences will be watching

English clubs playing in England.It worked in the past.

Give Derby a chance of what? Winning the Premier League after all the top clubs have left? What a hollow victory that would be.

Europa League, FA Cup and League Cup are all still realistic targets for us that we could potentially win, what's wrong with aiming for those?

And the fans so what it's their problem, what if it was our problem? What if a Sheikh turned us into the next Man City, think of the flag man he would be skint

Hollow victory! It would be brilliant.And whats so great about buying the league title

because you are owned by a billionaire.And what about all these competitions we can win,

potentially?So can everyone else in the football league,but we don't do we,never have.Even

Manure couldn't get in the Europa league.

Sounds fine to me. We don't get to see those players anyway.

At no time in my footballing history have I thought 'ooh I can now watch the players of another team play against Derby'

He has a point, and so does Jose Mourinho when he said Barca, Madrid and United have a far bigger advantage over his side due to spending.

FFP simply gives the biggest clubs an advantage and keeps the best teams at the top.

How is it fair if someone like Stoke are limited to spending $20 million a season whereas Man United can spend up to $200 million. What is so fair about that?

I understand that they'r trying to protect clubs from going bust, but FFP will mean that it becomes impossible for anyone outside of the big six clubs to win the Premier League.

My understanding of it all was that it wasn't about "fairness", but rather to protect the sport from teams overspending and going under, and potentially damaging the reputation of the Premier competitions with it.

He has a point, and so does Jose Mourinho when he said Barca, Madrid and United have a far bigger advantage over his side due to spending.

FFP simply gives the biggest clubs an advantage and keeps the best teams at the top.

I think you are right but I don't think anyone should take any notice of a Chelsea manager complaining about other clubs having a financial advantage.

Archived