QPR FFP

Day

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has a point, and so does Jose Mourinho when he said Barca, Madrid and United have a far bigger advantage over his side due to spending.

FFP simply gives the biggest clubs an advantage and keeps the best teams at the top.

How is it fair if someone like Stoke are limited to spending $20 million a season whereas Man United can spend up to $200 million. What is so fair about that?

I understand that they'r trying to protect clubs from going bust, but FFP will mean that it becomes impossible for anyone outside of the big six clubs to win the Premier League.

As much as I hate Redknapp he makes a very fair point.

As good as FFP is in theory of stopping from clubs going out of business it is geared up to make the rich even richer and create an even bigger gap between the Premier League top 6 and everyone else.

If they want to set a transfer limit why not look at what the poorest team in the league can afford and limit everyone else to that.

Of course we all already know why nothing like this would ever be considered.

Or ... 

Why doesn't Redknapp learn to do some maths, add up the figures properly, and ... also ... stop blowing millions of pounds of other people's money indiscriminately, completely ruining clubs, before he buggers off from the sinking ship smelling of roses because he is everyone favourite barrow boy??

Redknapp is talking out of his arse hole if he is trying to tell anyone that he hasn't squandered absolutely buckets and buckets of cash. Football has always been the same ... good managers work within their means. 

Redknapp pleading poverty? Do me a favour. Ask Sean Dyche about that and whether or not he whinges about it in press conferences.

Why is Redknapp moaning? Probably because he is tactically inept, and his only way out is an open chequebook and a suitcase full of money that he dug up from his back garden.

Sorry ... but i just can't take the man seriously.

How many millions spent? For what? One FA Cup with Portsmouth, and a Playoff final that he never deserved in a  million years.

If QPR go the same way as Pompey ... it will be Redknapp's fault. He is the one common denominator between the two clubs.

Was he feeling sorry for the tight budget clubs that he was up against last year?

If everyone had had the budget of QPR then 'Arry wouldn't be playing Man United this Saturday.

But the FFP has been an obvious load of ****** since day 1 so he is kind of right.

It's just like Ferguson complaining about referees or Jose complaining about the media though. Harry Redknapp complaining about not having enough cash!!

Tbf it's all bullocks Harry's got a point and ffp has a point. However for ffp to have been fair and work it should of been implemented when football 1st started. Not when clubs like Chelsea city Psg have had free roam to buy expensive players which in turn boosts revenue with sponsor ship shirts sales developing the brand with money they didn't earn. They have had a massive head start over teams.

We have discussed this over and over.We all have to obey the same rules otherwise its Anarchy.I

hate the off-side rule as do loads of others,but we can't play to what it should be,can we?

The FFP rules are sh1te as some of us have been saying for months,but while they are there we

we all have to abide by them,otherwise its unfair on the clubs,like us who do play by the rules.

I say scrap FFP or reform it.

FFP insists on a correlation  between legitimate income and spending. This means of course the established larger businesses can spend their legitimate income. The fact they have got where they are because of massive injections of cash by their owners is the gripe. FFP says you can't do that anymore so where as the Russian was paying most of Chelsea's wage bill it now has to come from legit income, so it is a restraint.

Sky money being pretty much focused on the EPL and the reluctance of the EPL to share anything with the FL is now the big problem. If Sky money was "Football money" as opposed to EPL money then things would be more even. Market forces though I suppose!

The fair word is misleading as this is about sustainable spending. Manure have more income so can spend more than qpr. This will have an impact on them irrespective of any threats or fines given that I don't think any team will sell players to them unless it is cash up front, which they don't have.

Pisses me off. You can't moan about a rule after you've broken it.

It's like having an important goal disallowed for offside, and then after the game arguing, 'well offsides a stupid rule anyway, we should be awarded that goal, and the game.'

No, it shouldn't, you signed up to the game based on certain rules, the other team followed those rules. You might think the rules are stupid, but they are the rules both teams signed up to, and both teams should follow.

They new FFP existed as a rule when they joined the football league. They new this was the consequence of breaking that rule. They can't suddenly turn around now and say they never liked that rule anyway. If they wanted to say that, they should have made that argument before they signed up to the competition. Then they would have had the option of not playing in the competition or playing by the same rules as everyone else does, and stfu.

What are the chances of us launching a Sheffield United vs West Ham style court case to take all their promotion money off them?

Archived